By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?

i have a wii + ds + PC perfect combo, maybe when i feel too rich somewhen ill buy one of the hd consoles to spoil myself but not necessary

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Around the Network

I only have a Wii as my main console. I will miss good games. You will miss good games unless you own all 3 consoles.

Wii gives me more than enough to feed my nerd hobby.

It is possible to have any console -- Wii included -- as your primary console.

But unless you have EVERY console, you will not have EVERY game worth playing.

There are first-party (Mario/Halo/LBP), third-py arty (Bloom Blox/DOA 4/MGS) and DLC (World of Goo/Braid/flOw) games that cannot be played on another console. (They may or may not be available on PC).

[Feel free to comment on my selections made for illustrative purposes only. As I only have a Wii, I am not as familar with the offerings of the X360 or PS3].

So it all comes down to choice. I currently choose Wii.

Mike from Morgantown

A Wii game a week -- that's all I ask.
Current score: Wii owner for 87 weeks with 95 retail games.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

The only game I miss (I think, seeing as I haven't played it I don't know how good it is) at the moment is little big planet.... but I can get my level creation kicks elsewhere so it doesn't bother me too much.

I might miss Resident Evil 5, but from what I hear it is going to be more RE4 than REmake... and while I like RE4 you only need one game like it.

Not a chance for me as I'm in heaven with Gears Halo and Wrpg's. also survival horrors are big for me so no.

Around the Network

As Soiku said: Wii+DS= set for gen.
(>'.')>

Miss ANY good game is impossible.

Miss any good game you don't want, sure. The Wii is my main console and will always be my main console. I got a PS3 cause I got it for the same price as the blu-ray player I wanted.

Now, I wouldn't have minded missing the 5-8 games that I want had I not bought the PS3, but it is nice to have.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Its mine

I only own a Wii this gen. Only one I will own! :D

i can only have one console cos i dont have as much gaming time as i used to. once i got the wii i had to stop playing DS. DS2 will have to be very special indeed for me to buy it

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia