By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?

I can name at least 4 times the games available for 360 and being conservative. wii owners dont have any games to choose from most games are shovelware. even if those are good games not all wii owners will be satisfied with those, they dont appeal to everyone. on the other hand 360 has at least 4 times as many great games to chose from.

Around the Network

^ says you. Not all gamers have the same preferences in games. Please, stop trying to say that what you think is better, is actually better for everyone. That's just stupid

Gorgory said:
I can name at least 4 times the games available for 360 and being conservative. wii owners dont have any games to choose from most games are shovelware. even if those are good games not all wii owners will be satisfied with those, they dont appeal to everyone. on the other hand 360 has at least 4 times as many great games to chose from.

If you do name them, most of the posters who have said they are happy with just the Wii will be able to honestly say they are not interested in them.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

^ bingo

Gorgory said:

I can name more good Wii games as well. It's pretty clear that lots of people are satisfied with the Wii lineup. I've owned over 45 games so far. The Wii line-up is more varied and flexible than the 360s in my opinion.

It's clear that it is possible for people to have a Wii as a primary console. You obviously would not choose it as yours.

You could list the good games from 2008 on 360. I doubt it would persuade me to buy one. I'm interested in new ways of playing. Skate it, for example, is better than Skate in my opinion, purely because of the excellent control mechanism. Pro Evo 2008 is better on Wii for the same reason.

The 360 has its merits, but games like Halo 3 and GTA4 feel old to me, but that's because I've been playing games since 1979. I do admit, though, that I'd like to try Bioshock.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
Gorgory said:

It's called opinion.

There are very few games that I would purchase at all on the X360, that's just my preference.... I would probably pick up a couple of racing games like Forza, and would have got Perfect Dark (and by the sounds of it, been dissapointed) and probably Viva Pinata which looks cool.

I also would have bought GTAIV, but mainly because I would then have something of GTA to pay on a console rather than my laptop.... ie if I had a PS2 I would not have bought GTAIV.

i swear Wii is fun when you host a party invite your friends and have fun with casual games like boom blox, Wii fit, Mkwii,WiiPlay. Its more fun while intoxicated.lol

other then that, I dont take the Wii Console as a serious system.

I dont take Chocolate serious, Vanilla has far more flavor and seriousness to it. I can name 4 times more reasons why Vanilla is better than Chocolate.

uno said:
I dont take Chocolate serious, Vanilla has far more flavor and seriousness to it. I can name 4 times more reasons why Vanilla is better than Chocolate.

But chocolate is so much better when friends come over!

Oh, and all the Serious ice cream connosieurs agree that pumpkin ice cream is the way to go. We point and laugh at the dumbed-down flavors you guys rave about. "Ooh, look! My vanilla is revolutionary because it comes with pecans now!" Psh. Pumpkin people have had pecans around for ages...and greater flavor to boot!

Wii makes a good complementary console. There are a few absolute must have games that make it worthwhile.

People who say that there's hardly any games on other consoles that interest them are just lying to themselves.