By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?

Torillian said:
I don't think you can have any console be your main without missing "any" good games. But I'm also sure that you can have any console be your main and be satisfied depending on your tastes in games, but no matter which one you choose, you'll miss out on something, that's the unfortunate part about variety and choice I guess.

I agree with this.

I have the wii as my main.

Around the Network
__XBrawlX__ said:
Yo! Over here! Wii is my only console this gen.... So far I'm pretty satisfied... Although I've considered a 360 many times...

Same with me, Wii owner but considering a 360
I'm very tempted by the 360 this xmas, but I might wait for the Slim, hopefully it will be out by next xmas

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Hell yes, and now and again I might play on my PC but I have -0- nada-zip interest in 360 and PS3

Soriku said:
Wii + DS = Set for gen. Will miss some games but I can get them in the future for cheap.

as for right now this is my opinion as well, I eventually plan on getting a 360 once resident evil and a few RPGs come out, but thats down the road a bit.

I really feel like I am missing more by not having a DS.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network

No. It is not possible.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

It depends on whether the Wii is the only console you have or if you also have a PS3 or 360 not counting the portables.

If you only have a Wii then of course you will miss out on those PS3/360 games that are awesome. What you must ask is if you care. I can live with the Wii as my primary console (after DS) simply because non-Nintendo games hold zero appeal to me. If you are satisfied with the Wii's software line-up then yes it can be your primary/only console.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
NintendoMan said:
If you only have a Wii then of course you will miss out on those PS3/360 games that are awesome. What you must ask is if you care. I can live with the Wii as my primary console (after DS) simply because non-Nintendo games hold zero appeal to me. If you are satisfied with the Wii's software line-up then yes it can be your primary/only console.

Yup.

Gorgory said:
it would be very difficult. 360 is enough as a main console, i dont think wii owners can be satisfied with 2008.

It was hard to be satisfied with Mario Kart, Brawl, De Blob, Wario Land, COD WaW, Skate It, Shaun White, Disaster, Guitar Hero World Tour, Wii Fit, Okami, Pro Evo 2008, Tiger Woods 09, Boom Blox, Animal Crossing, World of Goo, BWii, No More Heroes, Megaman 9, Lost Winds and Fifa 09.

*chuckles and runs*

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.