By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?

noname2200 said:
uno said:
I dont take Chocolate serious, Vanilla has far more flavor and seriousness to it. I can name 4 times more reasons why Vanilla is better than Chocolate.

But chocolate is so much better when friends come over!

Oh, and all the Serious ice cream connosieurs agree that pumpkin ice cream is the way to go. We point and laugh at the dumbed-down flavors you guys rave about. "Ooh, look! My vanilla is revolutionary because it comes with pecans now!" Psh. Pumpkin people have had pecans around for ages...and greater flavor to boot!

But with vanilla you can add more unique flavors!! Pumpkin ice cream has only one flavor. Vanilla is backwards compatible.

Pumpkin ice cream may not be as serious as you think.

Around the Network

When you pick only one console in a gen, it's guaranteed that you'll miss some blockbusters on other consoles.

Single console owners should learn to prioritise among all the games across the platforms. Buy the console with most of the games that you want the most and stick with it.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Um... Yes. I have the Wii as my primary console... XBOX 360 is my secondary console...

I Have 24 Wii Games, 20 of which are mine,

And only 4 360 Games... and only 2 of those are mine!

That's a 6:1 RATIO!!!

Now, keep in mind that I've only had the 360 for about 8 months, and the Wii for 24 months, (2 years)...

But, if you multiply it out, (4 x 3 = 12), then at that rate, the ratio is 24:12, 2:1 overall, or 12:6 per year.

When you've got a 2:1 ratio/year of games, and an overall ratio of 6:1, you know that the bigger number (The Wii) is your primary console.

I only own a Wii - I'd definitely like to own the other systems for games like LBP, Blue Dragon and Banjo, but I don't have the time to play them and Wii would still be my primary system if I did have 'em.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Wii makes a good complementary console. There are a few absolute must have games that make it worthwhile.

People who say that there's hardly any games on other consoles that interest them are just lying to themselves.

There are seriously not many games on the 360 alone that interest me.... but like I said I would buy a few that are for the PS360, except that there are more exclusive PS3 games I would like so what would be the point in buying an X360.

Around the Network

I think yes, if by only console you are not counting PC games.... I love the Wii, but a core gamer would need some hd love on occasion.

If you me including PC... then No, I though all core gamers need to be PSWii or Wii360.... Or all 3.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I only have a wii! well a ds too~ But i dont feel like im really missing anything. They arnt as mainstream as the ps3 and xbox360 games, but the wii has a pretty decent amount of quality games.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Sure someone can own only the Wii as their primary console. Just buy a Wii and that's it! Simple as that. As for games....Wii sports might be just enough for some people and others might just get WiiFit with the Wii and that's fine. There are plenty of games that are out as of now for the Wii, both quality and non-quality that should appeal to the Wii's fanbase.

You never know...Nintendo could be using this generation to gather up a GUARANTEED fanbase so that when the next generation arrives (Whenever that'll be) Nintendo will be ready to really take the world by storm. In short, Nintendo will do what Sony did for the PS1 to the PS2.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

regin2005 said:
Sure someone can own only the Wii as their primary console. Just buy a Wii and that's it! Simple as that. As for games....Wii sports might be just enough for some people and others might just get WiiFit with the Wii and that's fine. There are plenty of games that are out as of now for the Wii, both quality and non-quality that should appeal to the Wii's fanbase.

You never know...Nintendo could be using this generation to gather up a GUARANTEED fanbase so that when the next generation arrives (Whenever that'll be) Nintendo will be ready to really take the world by storm. In short, Nintendo will do what Sony did for the PS1 to the PS2.

I think the Wii is taking the world by storm as is.... any more would mean the end of humanity.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

First might I like to add I own all three consoles including the PSP and DS and last generation consoles (Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube).

It's hard for me use the Wii as my primary. It was hard for me to use the PS2 as my primary. It was hard for me to use the DS as my primary.

There is a wealth of titles across the gaming industry that I must play. I couldn't help but realize that the Wii does have software but I just couldn't make it my primary. It's to much of a secondary console. The primary console goes to the PS3 or 360. I use those more so then the Wii. I use the Wii for short bursts of fun and the 360/PS3 for my long hardcore gaming with friends and such.

The Wii again is not a good primary. If your the kind of gamer that doesn't play games to much. Then its okay to use it as a primary, but if your a gamer or Wii owner that gets pissed because the PS3 and 360 is getting more games and nice software than the Wii. Then your clearly interested in the 360 and Wii and want one of those consoles as your primary or secondary.