By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?

Its my only (current gen) console, so I guess that makes it my "primary" console...

As for missing any good games - I think thats impossible, as every platform (including PC) has good exclusive games.

Whether someone has time and/or money to play *every* good game - is another matter. I definitely don't even have enough to play every good *Wii* title, let alone another console.

The market is extremely flooded these days.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Wii60 owner here with the Wii as my preferred platform.

There have been more than enough innovative Wii games released this year to keep me satisfied. Despite a bigger 2008 line up for Xbox 360, I am somewhat disappointed by many of the big franchise releases. (Fable 2, GOW2, GTA4, Banjo Kazooie K & B).

Im not ashamed to admit that this generation I have become a casual gaming enthusiast. My favourite games this year were Wii Fit, MKWii and Wii Music. I rate Brain Training and Nintendogs as two of my favourite games. My most memorable gaming experience this generation was playing Wii Sports for the first time. Nevertheless, despite the connotations implied by the 'casual' label, I play games just as often now as any previous generation if not more.

In previous generations I would have described myself as a hardcore gamer, however I have become quite apathetic to hardcore games, which feel like too much of the same and lack innovation. I'm sick of all the mindless FPS's, and the uneccesarily complicated controls of many games which in some cases require hours of dedication to learn. It's like learning to drive a car for the first time with each new game.

And frankly, I'm bothered by the naive assumption implied by the OP that the Wii is typically a secondary option, perpetuating the negative view of the Wii as an inferior system that is somehow not deserving of its commercial success.

Alot of people have the Wii as their only console.

I am one of them, and people such as xlost just don't know what games there are on the Wii, it has all your core gaming needs covered

No it's entirely impossible. <--- sarcastic.

Of course it is possible. You should know that already.

Xponent said:
Wii60 owner here with the Wii as my preferred platform.

There have been more than enough innovative Wii games released this year to keep me satisfied. Despite a bigger 2008 line up for Xbox 360, I am somewhat disappointed by many of the big franchise releases. (Fable 2, GOW2, GTA4, Banjo Kazooie K & B).

Im not ashamed to admit that this generation I have become a casual gaming enthusiast. My favourite games this year were Wii Fit, MKWii and Wii Music. I rate Brain Training and Nintendogs as two of my favourite games. My most memorable gaming experience this generation was playing Wii Sports for the first time. Nevertheless, despite the connotations implied by the 'casual' label, I play games just as often now as any previous generation if not more.

In previous generations I would have described myself as a hardcore gamer, however I have become quite apathetic to hardcore games, which feel like too much of the same and lack innovation. I'm sick of all the mindless FPS's, and the uneccesarily complicated controls of many games which in some cases require hours of dedication to learn. It's like learning to drive a car for the first time with each new game.

And frankly, I'm bothered by the naive assumption implied by the OP that the Wii is typically a secondary option, perpetuating the negative view of the Wii as an inferior system that is somehow not deserving of its commercial success.

Same here.

Around the Network
scottie said:

I am one of them, and people such as xlost just don't know what games there are on the Wii, it has all your core gaming needs covered

It does, give me a list of games that it covers.

The only games I want on the Wii so far that is interesting to me is:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, Super Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, No More Heroes, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution, Zack & Wiki, de Blob.

What else did I miss? Those are the games I like and want to own from off the top of my head.

Not difficult at all. All I own is wii + DS, but it does help that I'm a complete nintendo fanboy. I have considered other consoles but I'll never end up getting one.

I absolutely love wii too, and I'm more than satisfied. There is games I want that I'll miss like GOW 1, and2, GTA, and burnout paradise. But its no biggie.

SSBB, mario galaxy, zelda tp would all be in my top 5 fav games of all time so yeah. Also some online games like COD WAW, mario strikers charged, mario kart wii, and MOHH2 are really addictive.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

xlost7 said:
First might I like to add I own all three consoles including the PSP and DS and last generation consoles (Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube).

It's hard for me use the Wii as my primary. It was hard for me to use the PS2 as my primary. It was hard for me to use the DS as my primary.

There is a wealth of titles across the gaming industry that I must play. I couldn't help but realize that the Wii does have software but I just couldn't make it my primary. It's to much of a secondary console. The primary console goes to the PS3 or 360. I use those more so then the Wii. I use the Wii for short bursts of fun and the 360/PS3 for my long hardcore gaming with friends and such.

The Wii again is not a good primary. If your the kind of gamer that doesn't play games to much. Then its okay to use it as a primary, but if your a gamer or Wii owner that gets pissed because the PS3 and 360 is getting more games and nice software than the Wii. Then your clearly interested in the 360 and Wii and want one of those consoles as your primary or secondary.

Who are you to speak for everyone? Its all opinion. The wii isn't just for short bursts of fun and I don't know why people always say that. It can be if thats the game you play. But serious nintendo gamers are going to play smash bros brawl all night because it is so darn addictive, and has so much cool nintendo stuff packed into it, its also extremely competitive.

And what about zelda, or metroid, or mario, I've played those games for hours on end. Same with de blob, no more heroes, the godfather, COD WAW, mario kart, boom blox, guitar hero world tour, and battalion wars 2.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

xlost7 said:
scottie said:

It does, give me a list of games that it covers.

The only games I want on the Wii so far that is interesting to me is:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, Super Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, No More Heroes, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution, Zack & Wiki, de Blob.

What else did I miss? Those are the games I like and want to own from off the top of my head.

I would recommend you buy

Brawl

Fire Emblem (if you don't mind hard games)

Metroid Prime 3

Wario Land

Disaster: Day of Crisis if you live in Others or Japan

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Call of Duty: WaW

Trauma Centre: Second Opinion

Wii Play ($10 game and is quite good)

22 very good games right there, that should tide you over until the conduit and mad world

If you're a gamer, no it isn't. If you're new to the industry and don't understand what makes a quality game then yes you can due to the oblivious nature of the inexperienced.