By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?

when i'll buy a wii, i'll us it as a door stopper and when i get bored of my black box i'll sell the wii to get new games i sure hope by then nintendo will raise the price of the wii

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
CONMAN15 said:
xlost7 said:
First might I like to add I own all three consoles including the PSP and DS and last generation consoles (Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube).

It's hard for me use the Wii as my primary. It was hard for me to use the PS2 as my primary. It was hard for me to use the DS as my primary.

There is a wealth of titles across the gaming industry that I must play. I couldn't help but realize that the Wii does have software but I just couldn't make it my primary. It's to much of a secondary console. The primary console goes to the PS3 or 360. I use those more so then the Wii. I use the Wii for short bursts of fun and the 360/PS3 for my long hardcore gaming with friends and such.

The Wii again is not a good primary. If your the kind of gamer that doesn't play games to much. Then its okay to use it as a primary, but if your a gamer or Wii owner that gets pissed because the PS3 and 360 is getting more games and nice software than the Wii. Then your clearly interested in the 360 and Wii and want one of those consoles as your primary or secondary.

Who are you to speak for everyone? Its all opinion. The wii isn't just for short bursts of fun and I don't know why people always say that. It can be if thats the game you play. But serious nintendo gamers are going to play smash bros brawl all night because it is so darn addictive, and has so much cool nintendo stuff packed into it, its also extremely competitive.

And what about zelda, or metroid, or mario, I've played those games for hours on end. Same with de blob, no more heroes, the godfather, COD WAW, mario kart, boom blox, guitar hero world tour, and battalion wars 2.

Do who ever said I was speaking for anyone. I was giving a input on what I think. And I will go along and say again. I play the Wii for short bursts and get tired of it and move to the likes of shooters because that's what I prefer. I play Super Mario Galaxy a lot that is because its my favorite platform game. I like platform games and Nintendo does a good job with Mario.

I'm not a fan of Metriod Prime, couldn't get into it. Guitar Hero is on the 360, Battalion Wars 2, I can give you that, that game looks awesome and fun to play.

@scottie

Those games that you listed the only ones I would like to play is:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wario Land, Diaster: Day of Crisis, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Trauma Center and Wii Play. Those others are just not my taste at all.

I never said the Wii was a bad console. I just said I wouldn't personally select it as a primary because there is some other games on other consoles that are worth playing also. That's why I just couldn't be satisfied with the PS2 last generation. I needed the Xbox and Gamecube.

xlost - so you've just said that the console has a mere 19 games currently out that interest you. Thats a decent amount of games imo

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL!! I know you caught me.lol

I just idk....I just can't accept it as a primary. I would have this urge I would be missing out on great games on other consoles. And I will get jealous and want to purchase the others. Just like I did this generation and last generation.lol

agree with Soriku:

Wii+DS= set for gen

I'm done..I get all the games I possibly need..playing some others here and there at friends..but not missing out on much anyway XDD

Around the Network
DTG said:
If you're a gamer, no it isn't. If you're new to the industry and don't understand what makes a quality game then yes you can due to the oblivious nature of the inexperienced.

Hmm, thats strange. Someone forgot to tell me, because ive been playing games since before the N64, and im fully satisfied with my Wii. If anything, there are still a bunch of games that i want to get.

So to the OP, yes you can. I only own a Wii, and like i just said, i still have games to buy Like CoDWaW, Castlevania Judgment, Tomb Raider Underworld, and BooM Blox, amoung others.

The Wii is my primary console, although people should realise that doesnt have to meant 'only' console. It certainly is my main one, though. I have 11 Wii games, and 3 PS3 games.

I love the wii and wii gaming, but there's nothing wrong with complementing Mario Galaxy and Brawl with some GTA:IV or Wipeout HD. Win-win.

Wii is primary though, for instance I'm getting Sonic Unleashed, Guitar Hero:WT and Shaun White this Christmas, all for Wii.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

xlost7 said:
CONMAN15 said:
xlost7 said:
First might I like to add I own all three consoles including the PSP and DS and last generation consoles (Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube).

It's hard for me use the Wii as my primary. It was hard for me to use the PS2 as my primary. It was hard for me to use the DS as my primary.

There is a wealth of titles across the gaming industry that I must play. I couldn't help but realize that the Wii does have software but I just couldn't make it my primary. It's to much of a secondary console. The primary console goes to the PS3 or 360. I use those more so then the Wii. I use the Wii for short bursts of fun and the 360/PS3 for my long hardcore gaming with friends and such.

The Wii again is not a good primary. If your the kind of gamer that doesn't play games to much. Then its okay to use it as a primary, but if your a gamer or Wii owner that gets pissed because the PS3 and 360 is getting more games and nice software than the Wii. Then your clearly interested in the 360 and Wii and want one of those consoles as your primary or secondary.

Who are you to speak for everyone? Its all opinion. The wii isn't just for short bursts of fun and I don't know why people always say that. It can be if thats the game you play. But serious nintendo gamers are going to play smash bros brawl all night because it is so darn addictive, and has so much cool nintendo stuff packed into it, its also extremely competitive.

And what about zelda, or metroid, or mario, I've played those games for hours on end. Same with de blob, no more heroes, the godfather, COD WAW, mario kart, boom blox, guitar hero world tour, and battalion wars 2.

Do who ever said I was speaking for anyone. I was giving a input on what I think. And I will go along and say again. I play the Wii for short bursts and get tired of it and move to the likes of shooters because that's what I prefer. I play Super Mario Galaxy a lot that is because its my favorite platform game. I like platform games and Nintendo does a good job with Mario.

I'm not a fan of Metriod Prime, couldn't get into it. Guitar Hero is on the 360, Battalion Wars 2, I can give you that, that game looks awesome and fun to play.

@scottie

Those games that you listed the only ones I would like to play is:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wario Land, Diaster: Day of Crisis, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Trauma Center and Wii Play. Those others are just not my taste at all.

I never said the Wii was a bad console. I just said I wouldn't personally select it as a primary because there is some other games on other consoles that are worth playing also. That's why I just couldn't be satisfied with the PS2 last generation. I needed the Xbox and Gamecube.

In the paragraph I bolded you state that the wii is not a good primary for people that play alot of games. And like I said thats for each individual person to decide. I think it works perfect as my primary, and I play games everyday.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

'Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?'

If you're under 11: Yes.

If you're over 11: No. The time will come when waggling the Wiimote will no longer be the fun novelty it once was. The time will come when you just want to pickup a pad, laze down on a futton or bed, and just play normally, without putting any physical strain on your body. The novelty wears off way to fast for it to be a dedicated console this GEN. That kinda explain why there are so many second hand units around.

@CONMAN15

Okay let me put it to you like this.

If your the gamer that plays games and are happy with the current software on the Wii and not complaining because the PS3 and 360 is getting wealth of nice titles and the Wii is getting ports, then the Wii is a good primary console...WOW that was a lot to say.