By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?

noname2200 said:
It's quite possible to have it as your primary, and even only, console. But of course, you will miss some good games...like you would by excluding any console...

Agreed. Cause not every PS3/XB360 game will come on PC. Sadness. =(

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

I don't see why the Wii couldn't be someone's main console. Depending on how many games you pick up, that system has more than enough going for it, and the Virtual Console goes a long way to tie things over during the droughts. Plus if you like gaming with friends, it is, in my opinion, the best system for non-online multiplayer.

senortaco said:
Soriku said:
Wii + DS = Set for gen. Will miss some games but I can get them in the future for cheap.

Throw in a good PC and you got yourself perfecto!

This ^^.

I've got a Wii, DS and a PC and I don't feel like I'm missing much gaming-wise.  I've thought about a PS3, for programming and BluRay, but I probably won't buy it until it's bargin bin price ($150ish).

Primary console for me too, The only next gen games that truly exite me are the Gears Of War titles. So i could consider a 360 at some point.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

The virtual console and wiiware definitely goes a long way towards tiding you over between games., not to mention that you could still play gamecube games

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

Around the Network

Wii is tied for my main console with the 360, but I have two friends who only have Wiis this gen. They do say they wouldn't mind 360s, but Wii seems to be getting along with them just fine.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

That rule can apply to any console...

For me the wii can't be a main console due to my gaming tastes needing games which are on PS360 or exclusive to PS3

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

blackbird3216 said:

Is it possible to have the wii as your primary console without missing any good games?

Also, does anyone have the wii as their primary console?

The Wii is my primary consoles (and that seems to be true for millions of folks, after all, it is about as popular as the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined).

You can do that and not miss any good games, also.  The majority of the good PS3/Xbox 360 games are also on the Wii and/or PC.  You can play your friend's consoles or rent a consoles or do a short-term console swap to play the others.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Why wouldn't it be possible?

If you only have one console (or even two) you will always miss good games.

I have a Wii, 360, DS and PC.

I play the Wii the most.

So yes.