By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. only good for Multiplayer? Not anymore! (56K warning)

Metal Gear Rex Assist Trophy would rock.

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
I wouldn't bet on multiplayer coop. Based on what we know of the story to me it just looks like the opening cutscene to the mode.  Well other then team battles.  Also if you think you can't have a tough single player expierence just try to play 2 or 3 level 9 characters in a stock team battle.  With them all on the same team. 

meh. Level 9 computer is way too easy. I hope the AI has been improved so that the comp is harder.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

shams said:

Just to remind people...

Snake is also a confirmed character in the game, yet we haven't seen anything about him yet. I hope (and expect) he gets his part in this single player mode as well - that alone should be awesome :)

Wow, it boggles the mind.  Nintendo developing an adventure for Konami's Snake.  What a world.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

Game_boy said:
Has there been any other game ever with every-weekday-updates online?

Maybe this marks a change in the way Nintendo releases game details...

IGN is doing something like that with Too Human.

@Dark Requim

That would be ribs!!! 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

this game is getting very close to being a purchase for me... I have never played the previous smash games and I am not incredibly into fighting games... well wait to see if it has online options

Around the Network
shams said:

Just to remind people...

Snake is also a confirmed character in the game, yet we haven't seen anything about him yet. I hope (and expect) he gets his part in this single player mode as well - that alone should be awesome :)

Yeah, it's pretty funny to think of Nintendo creating a plotline and character development for Solid Snake.  It's a strange world we live in, and SSBB has made it more awesome than ever lol.

One thing: Are we sure each character gets their own story? Cause what's up with grouping Mario, Zelda, Peach, and Kirby together...and Link and Yoshi together? Reds and Greens must be separate...?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Looks great. Fantastic possibilities. I wish they would include other Nintnedo characters in the Mario Kart and Strikers series as well.

^It wouldn't be Mario anymore...

@Ben,
Thats what I was thinking. I didn't really think it would be EACH character, unless a set of characters (Yoshi, Link) get a grouped storyline.

However, it DOES emphasize character development, though that is just vague enough to keep you guessing.

Play Sega Saturn!!!

My Music Video

My History

Not really...because it's MARIO kart, see how that works?