By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. only good for Multiplayer? Not anymore! (56K warning)

Well, I visited smashbros.com before coming here today, so this topic didn't really inform me of anything new, however I'll say this:

I never bought Super Smash Brothers Melee, because a friend who lives really near to my house already had it, so I figured it was worthless to buy it since the single player didn't interest me at all, and whenever I wanted to play with other people I'd borrow my friend's copy. However, I was about 60% sure that I was going to buy this game in December, because that friend doesn't have a Wii (yet) and so I'd have to buy this game. But I see this update now, and I'm 100% sure I'll buy this game. The single player, if done well, can become very addictive.

Oh, and this single player, I think somehow contradicts the "Nintendo becoming less and less hardcore" or "Nintendo doesn't care about the gamer anymore" because...you know....they're making a fully-fledged single player experience out of what used to be a mostly multiplayer experience. I think this means they haven't "forgotten about us".

Around the Network

Wow. Just wow. Dam you Nintendo for making me cross out the top two spots on my "Most wanted list" and swap the positions of Brawl and Galaxy... again. I think this is the 5th time now :/

TheLivingShadow said:

Well, I visited smashbros.com before coming here today, so this topic didn't really inform me of anything new, however I'll say this:

I never bought Super Smash Brothers Melee, because a friend who lives really near to my house already had it, so I figured it was worthless to buy it since the single player didn't interest me at all, and whenever I wanted to play with other people I'd borrow my friend's copy. However, I was about 60% sure that I was going to buy this game in December, because that friend doesn't have a Wii (yet) and so I'd have to buy this game. But I see this update now, and I'm 100% sure I'll buy this game. The single player, if done well, can become very addictive.

Oh, and this single player, I think somehow contradicts the "Nintendo becoming less and less hardcore" or "Nintendo doesn't care about the gamer anymore" because...you know....they're making a fully-fledged single player experience out of what used to be a mostly multiplayer experience. I think this means they haven't "forgotten about us".

Don't you know? Kiddies and casuals are the ones who want to play a fleshed out adventure game full of character development, interaction, and personal internal conflict.  

Yeah...I can't believe Nintendo could actually do that.

Brawl's been on the top of my list for a while...then E3 Mario Galaxy footage came...and that became my number 1 game...

Now this...easily puts it back at number 1...

But the combination of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl within a month of each other is going to make my head explode...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
They should make Nintendo Kart, and Nintendo Tennis hehe.

Samus, Snake, Mario, and Bowser in a 2 vs 2 tennis tournament haha.

Imagine Snake could use explosives on Kart... that would be fun :D 

Around the Network

Thw Wii Trinity just took me over the top today. SSBB was my least of the three, but not by much. Now I'm not even bothering with ranking them. I'm getting them all, that's all there is to it. Nintendo has created one of the best holiday lineups I have ever seen. Personally I'm glad they pushed all these titles back to the end of the year. The Wii was selling without them and it gave so much more time for the developers to strengthen their games. Best generation ever.

I am a huge Nintendo fan, but I have a feeling that SSBB isn't coming out this year. For many reasons: Nintendo hasn't released detailed info about the game, it is too close to SMG and too close to Christmas day, Wii is selling too well to Ninty to spend all their cards so quickly. I mean, why release two mega sellers less than a month from each other. I am sure they will reserve this for next year, with online multiplayer support. Probably they will announce the delay closer to the currently planned release date, along with more info, like the complete list of 3rd party characters.

opcode said:
I am a huge Nintendo fan, but I have a feeling that SSBB isn't coming out this year. For many reasons: Nintendo hasn't released detailed info about the game, it is too close to SMG and too close to Christmas day, Wii is selling too well to Ninty to spend all their cards so quickly. I mean, why release two mega sellers less than a month from each other. I am sure they will reserve this for next year, with online multiplayer support. Probably they will announce the delay closer to the currently planned release date, along with more info, like the complete list of 3rd party characters.

Nintendo rarely if ever pushes back the release of a game after they have given a specific date.  They may say "Q1 07) and end up having it pushed back from there, but it's been given a release date and it will meet that date.   They have Mario Kart already lined up for early next year and if anyone REALLY thinks they are not planning ahead they are kidding themselves.  Nintendo doesn't just stop making great games after the first year of a system.  

naznatips said:

Nintendo rarely if ever pushes back the release of a game after they have given a specific date.  They may say "Q1 07) and end up having it pushed back from there, but it's been given a release date and it will meet that date.   They have Mario Kart already lined up for early next year and if anyone REALLY thinks they are not planning ahead they are kidding themselves.  Nintendo doesn't just stop making great games after the first year of a system.  

I would love to be proved wrong (again, I am a huge Nintendo fan, with a Wii as my sole next gen console), but I still have a feelling that SSBB will be delayed till early next year. Besides, that isn't true that Nintendo rarely pushes back releases: they delayed MP8 from March to May, then delayed MP3 (though it was just a week).

I think SSMM would be more usefull for them next year. Then they would release SSMM, Mario Kart and Wii Fit in the first half of the year, maybe even first quarter. Why forfeit two big sellers when they cannot  even keep up with the demand for the Wii. I believe they are keeping SSMM as an ace up their sleeve. If everything keeps doing well till the end of the year then they could save it for next year, otherwise they could release it this year. And that would explain why they doesn't release relevant info about the game.

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah...I can't believe Nintendo could actually do that.

Brawl's been on the top of my list for a while...then E3 Mario Galaxy footage came...and that became my number 1 game...

Now this...easily puts it back at number 1...

But the combination of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl within a month of each other is going to make my head explode...

Same here, though SSBB is still one step shy of being on my#1. I am sure a few more updates will put it up there, though.