By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nerf N-Strike and QoS, Wii games that have HUGE legs?

Gamerace said:
Nerf N-Strike seems to be increasing and it's a novel offering for young kids. Should do well for Christmas

QoS - Not so sure. Little early to say. Split-screen multiplayer might give this one legs though. Terrible oversight that wasn't in CoDWaW.

Wait, splitscreen wasn't in the Wii version????

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I dont mind a FPS having no splitscreen multiplayer, though its fun nonetheless. I still like Time Splitters Future Perfect because of the local multiplayer of it, but like I said it isnt that important

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Esa-Petteri said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Who wants split screen in a shooter these days? :

I guess there are some who prefers splitscreen. I don't get that either, online is so much better. :)

I prefer splitscreen over online every day of the week. 

It's much more fun to beat the person that's with you in the room than some idiot 12 year old screaming F-bombs in your ear. 

Everyone forgot about GoldenEye? Man, I still play that splitscreen once every while and it's still incredible.

360 version of the game is holding up just as well at even higher numbers.

BengaBenga said:
Esa-Petteri said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I guess there are some who prefers splitscreen. I don't get that either, online is so much better. :)

It's much more fun to beat the person that's with you in the room than some idiot 12 year old screaming F-bombs in your ear. 

Everyone forgot about GoldenEye? Man, I still play that splitscreen once every while and it's still incredible.

Yeah, the only people who want splitscreen multiplayer seem to be those who are longtime nintendo fans. :p You know that you don't have to listen to some 12 year olds if you play online? You don't have to use headset (360) and even if you do, you can always mute those kind of people. Or you can team up with your friends..

I remember goldeneye, it was the sucky bond-game which my friend always wanted to play on his small television. Of course splitscreen, which is even worse on small tv. It really sucked. Hard. I can't believe how someone can think of that as a good game. Hldm, tfc, quake 2 and unreal tournament were just so much better then.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
BengaBenga said:
Esa-Petteri said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Yeah, the only people who want splitscreen multiplayer seem to be those who are longtime nintendo fans. :p You know that you don't have to listen to some 12 year olds if you play online? You don't have to use headset (360) and even if you do, you can always mute those kind of people. Or you can team up with your friends..

I remember goldeneye, it was the sucky bond-game which my friend always wanted to play on his small television. Of course splitscreen, which is even worse on small tv. It really sucked. Hard. I can't believe how someone can think of that as a good game. Hldm, tfc, quake 2 and unreal tournament were just so much better then.

Lol, you're definitely in the minority here.

Metacritic: 96

Btw, not only Nintendo fans like splitscreen. Some people have a really weird idea of gaming, like it's always supposed to be a solitairy serious business. I guess you also prefer Fifa/PES online? Or fighters? Or race games?

There are loads of people on all consoles that like to game with friends in the same location. Sure it doesn't make the presentation better, but it does provide much more fun.

Too bad even The Conduit have no splitscreen multiplayer action. I think Wii might just stuck with QoS and Red Steel. Or the other Medal of Honor game that I dont know about which sucks...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

BengaBenga said:
Esa-Petteri said:
BengaBenga said:

Lol, you're definitely in the minority here.

Metacritic: 96

Btw, not only Nintendo fans like splitscreen. Some people have a really weird idea of gaming, like it's always supposed to be a solitairy serious business. I guess you also prefer Fifa/PES online? Or fighters? Or race games?

There are loads of people on all consoles that like to game with friends in the same location. Sure it doesn't make the presentation better, but it does provide much more fun.

Isn't it pretty much agreed that review scores doesn't matter? I bet there are a lot of people who did not like goldeneye. Almost every pc-gamer, I guess. :) Just compare that game to hldm/tfc/quake2 or whatever pc-fps:s were back then.

What is your problem? We were talking about fps-games, which just are better online than splitscreen. I don't play fifa or pes, but for me it is pretty much the same if I play NHL against a friend on shared screen (yes, that does not suck as splitscreen) or online. Sometimes it is much more fun on shared screen, sometimes not. I don't really care for fighters, but I really haven't seen a splitscreen fighter. Racers, that is a tough call. I don't play a lot of multiplayer racers, but I have played forza online and on splitscreen. I prefer online. Mostly because my friends suck at forza, so their whining is quite annoying. :D

Esa-Petteri have a point though, I dont even knew what Goldeneye 64 is till later. Though the singleplayer was the best I've seen in FPS games rivaling Half Life and Half Life 2. I've seen it on youtube...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

He does not have a point. Goldeneye is definitely not a sucky game and it does have the best split-screen for a shooter ever. Also, everyone liked it back then. He doesn't know and is guessing. It's like me saying that the Ford Model T probably wasn't liked by everyone but I wouldn't know because I am too young.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger