By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nerf N-Strike and QoS, Wii games that have HUGE legs?

@ yushire - so far CoDWaW seems to be holding in Others but is dropping in NA by 50% - not a good sign.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
Esa-Petteri said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Who wants split screen in a shooter these days? :

I guess there are some who prefers splitscreen. I don't get that either, online is so much better. :)

Wii is a family console and you can't very well play online with your kids or significant other can you?  Not unless your kids have gone to college...   People who buy a Wii do not buy it to play games alone.  They get it to play together so splitscreen is a must for Wii FPS IMO.

That's all well and good, but COD doesn't strike me as a game you'd play with your family...
Besides, it totally ruins the fun being able to see what your enemy sees. Not to mention being limited to four players and a fraction of the screen.

Gamerace said:
@ yushire - so far CoDWaW seems to be holding in Others but is dropping in NA by 50% - not a good sign.

Because Activision dont have support on this game when distribution is concerned. Where Im living there should be COD WAW wii but I dont see it but PC and PS360 versions are everywhere. Its like it didnt exist. If this game flopped theres no one to blame but Activision themselves. Its not fault of retailers or Wii owners at all...

Im even surprised that it sell as it did in spite of shortage.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Gamerace said:
Esa-Petteri said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I guess there are some who prefers splitscreen. I don't get that either, online is so much better. :)

Wii is a family console and you can't very well play online with your kids or significant other can you?  Not unless your kids have gone to college...   People who buy a Wii do not buy it to play games alone.  They get it to play together so splitscreen is a must for Wii FPS IMO.

That's all well and good, but COD doesn't strike me as a game you'd play with your family...
Besides, it totally ruins the fun being able to see what your enemy sees. Not to mention being limited to four players and a fraction of the screen.

THIS!  CoD is great online I don't see why people don't pick it up.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Gamerace said:
Esa-Petteri said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

THIS!  CoD is great online I don't see why people don't pick it up.

if this game was packed in with Wii Zapper then sales will probably sky rocket. 

Around the Network

Well it's following the usual trend. That being seeing that a lot of the gamers on Wii are mainstream, they don't pick up steam until after word of mouth or til its recognized. Thus after a week or two people start realizing it.

Even more important, these titles released near the holidays and they will either get extreme boosts from it or modest ones. Depending on which will depend on their legs afterwards. But even without that they will probably be picked up again come next holidays. Look at titles like Boogie and Namco Museum to understand fully.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Playing Halo online simply doesn't compare to playing it with three or twelve of your dumb-ass friends all sitting next to each other, hooting and hollering and headbutting each other.

This is one of my favorite passtimes.

I am not trolling, I actually like this. The dumber they are, the better the party.

Esa-Petteri said:
Huge legs? Selling 10k per week is not huge.

Okay, Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit have huge legs. But still, selling a constant amount is nothing to sneeze at. Bob Marley's album "Legend" sold 10k a week for years. Perhaps not that much for these games, but loads of games written off as flops or mediocre releases turn out to have great numbers later on.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Contrary to ignorant belief, not everyone has a fast enough internet to play games online. It's not just those people either, some people just merely don't like playing online as much as with LAN or splitscreen. For one, the other person isn't in the same area with you, so you can't be there and interact live with each other. It's a whole different experience, and some people just don't like it, or don't even have the option to do it.

Also, you can't have much of a party with people you're playing online, since they aren't even at your place.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

That's all well and good, but COD doesn't strike me as a game you'd play with your family...

So why not have both? What does the option of splitscreen take away from the game if there is also online?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229