By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nerf N-Strike and QoS, Wii games that have HUGE legs?

Esa-Petteri said:
yushire said:
@Esa-Petteri, sorry but you dont even knew what you're talking about why you're still posting?

You're not even a gamer in those times so how do you know? Do you mean there are LAN games on those times already?!!

Uh, what makes you think I was not a gamer back then? :) Also you could explain why I would not know what I am talking about. And yes, we had lan some lan parties as early as 1995...

@stof

You do know the difference between a fact and an opinion, right? ;)

So you're older than me then. We dont even knew what LAN is till Im 17 which is late 1998

So who speaks the truth here then? :? Is GoldenEye really that overhyped or not?!!

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

I lie. Nobody liked it and it sucked. You could never find three friends to play it with so the multiplayer was pretty much pointless.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

@yushire

Actually I am a bit younger than you. :)

Everyone speaks the truth. I think it was a crappy game, amp thinks it is the best game back then. :P

NO!!!! I was lying. I admitted it. The guy above is right on all points.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

OK lets make this thing straight, since LAN games was out in 1995 it became popular and knowned in 1998 and I DONT EVEN KNEW WHAT Goldeneye 64 is till later...

Did Goldeneye N64 became popular just because its the first multiplayer in a console EVER? Because seriously, even the N64 isnt that popular at that time. The Playstation is king in those days...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

It became popular because of how fun it was.

I mean...

It was no good and I'm lying.

Sad.

It wasn't the first multplayer in a game ever. It was probably the first multiplayer shooter though if I remember correctly.

Try it sometime yushire. The maps are really well put together and fun.

You have cool gadgets like remote mines too.

Yushire:

GoldenEye was the first console shooter that worked (sure the PSOne was king, but didn't have an analog stick). It was very successfull and to this day regarded as a classic. It was not only the multiplayer, the whole game was revolutionary.

More importantly: it started console FPS, which is (one of) the most important genre(s) today.

There are hardly any gamers of over 15 that can seriously say that GoldenEye is a bad game.

You're just messing with me amp316, its obvious how should I not know you're a goldeneye fan? -_-

I just trust my experience this time, even in those times the PC FPS was popular at that time and with Quake, Half Life, Unreal Tournament, Doom, etc... and with the coming of CS console FPS fades till later with Halo. Even now nothing can beat PC FPS in its popularity.

E3 2010- Tape runs out