By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nerf N-Strike and QoS, Wii games that have HUGE legs?

Yes. Both of those are on there. Capture the flag is different though. When you have the flag, you can't have a weapon and run for you life. It time you how on long that you have it. There's also a Golden Gun mode where there a golden gun is hidden on the map and it kills someone with one shot.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
yushire said:
BengaBenga said:
Yushire:

GoldenEye was the first console shooter that worked (sure the PSOne was king, but didn't have an analog stick). It was very successfull and to this day regarded as a classic. It was not only the multiplayer, the whole game was revolutionary.

More importantly: it started console FPS, which is (one of) the most important genre(s) today.

There are hardly any gamers of over 15 that can seriously say that GoldenEye is a bad game.

But amp316 comparing it to Quake and other PC FPS in that time. Of course, as a console game its popular its given but compared to the games esa-peretti mentioned?!! O_o WHAT?!!

Let me explain it a little more clearly:

Before GoldenEye: All shooters were on PC, consoles were for platformers and adventures

After GoldenEye: Hey, we can sell shooters on a console, let's do that. Resulting in: Dual analog for all consoles the gen after and in a lot of console shooters. Without GoldeEye it is possible that we would have never had Halo and the 20 million other shooters dominant on the current consoles.

In short: a revolution. Whether it's better than Quake doesn't matter. GoldenEye is a 100 times more influential.

Really?!! So its a awesome game then. Too bad I didnt bought a N64 at that time.

And I dont want to download it on my Wii on virtual console either, not only I have to pay for it it only just adds up to the drive not including the wiiware. I think Ninty should address the storage problem...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

It's not on the VC anyway due to the fact that MS owns Rare now. The only way to get it is to pick up an original copy.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

BengaBenga said:

Let me explain it a little more clearly:

Before GoldenEye: All shooters were on PC, consoles were for platformers and adventures

After GoldenEye: Hey, we can sell shooters on a console, let's do that. Resulting in: Dual analog for all consoles the gen after and in a lot of console shooters. Without GoldeEye it is possible that we would have never had Halo and the 20 million other shooters dominant on the current consoles.

In short: a revolution. Whether it's better than Quake doesn't matter. GoldenEye is a 100 times more influential.

AH OK THEN... Sorry if I didnt understood since amp316 didnt explain to me why it became revolutionary and popular. Now I know...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network
amp316 said:
It's not on the VC anyway due to the fact that MS owns Rare now. The only way to get it is to pick up an original copy.

AH OK its getting suckier then so the only way to play this game was to play in the original N64 console then?

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Here's a little story to try to get this thread back on topic

I'm in the store the other day and a woman buys N-Strike.  She asked the clerk if they had it without the Nerf gun, but no, it's only with the gun.  She got it anyway.   Why?  Because both her kids could play on it simulataneously.

Now Red Steel wasn't the great FPS but we kept that in my house for a long time because my son and I loved to play against each other and he'd play against his friends.    The Wii sells on social interaction.    So any Wii version of any game should accommodate that.   Shaun White has a complete Co-op mode and multiplayer, it'll sell well.   CoDWaW offers no Co-op nor local multiplayer.  It does allow a second person to have an aimer and shoot people in campaign mode but that's a far cry from a split-screen co-op (or online for that matter).   As a result CoDWaW - I do not think - will have much in the way of legs.

Conduit would be wise to learn from this.   They have time to include Split-screen (and split-screen online) graphics be damn.  I'll take a drop in graphic for split-screen (but not for single play).   If Conduit comes out without and Red Steel 2 or Timesplitters 4 comes out with split-screen, then Conduit's shelf life will be limited indeed.

Gamerace said:

I'm in the store the other day and a woman buys N-Strike. She asked the clerk if they had it without the Nerf gun, but no, it's only with the gun. She got it anyway. Why? Because both her kids could play on it simulataneously.

Now Red Steel wasn't the great FPS but we kept that in my house for a long time because my son and I loved to play against each other and he'd play against his friends. The Wii sells on social interaction. So any Wii version of any game should accommodate that. Shaun White has a complete Co-op mode and multiplayer, it'll sell well. CoDWaW offers no Co-op nor local multiplayer. It does allow a second person to have an aimer and shoot people in campaign mode but that's a far cry from a split-screen co-op (or online for that matter). As a result CoDWaW - I do not think - will have much in the way of legs.

Conduit would be wise to learn from this. They have time to include Split-screen (and split-screen online) graphics be damn. I'll take a drop in graphic for split-screen (but not for single play). If Conduit comes out without and Red Steel 2 or Timesplitters 4 comes out with split-screen, then Conduit's shelf life will be limited indeed.

Goldeneye is one of the best games of all-time. /End-point

OT: I never thought about it that way Gamerace, but you could be right. Co-op is the main feature I enjoy playing at least.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Esa-Petteri said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Who wants split screen in a shooter these days? :

I guess there are some who prefers splitscreen. I don't get that either, online is so much better. :)

Ever here of Splitscreen Online?

It should be industry standard.

Gamerace said:

I'm in the store the other day and a woman buys N-Strike.  She asked the clerk if they had it without the Nerf gun, but no, it's only with the gun.  She got it anyway.   Why?  Because both her kids could play on it simulataneously.

Now Red Steel wasn't the great FPS but we kept that in my house for a long time because my son and I loved to play against each other and he'd play against his friends.    The Wii sells on social interaction.    So any Wii version of any game should accommodate that.   Shaun White has a complete Co-op mode and multiplayer, it'll sell well.   CoDWaW offers no Co-op nor local multiplayer.  It does allow a second person to have an aimer and shoot people in campaign mode but that's a far cry from a split-screen co-op (or online for that matter).   As a result CoDWaW - I do not think - will have much in the way of legs.

Conduit would be wise to learn from this.   They have time to include Split-screen (and split-screen online) graphics be damn.  I'll take a drop in graphic for split-screen (but not for single play).   If Conduit comes out without and Red Steel 2 or Timesplitters 4 comes out with split-screen, then Conduit's shelf life will be limited indeed.

So do you mean that COD WAW didnty sell well because theres no social interaction on  it The Conduit will have the same fate unless they will include a splitscreen co-op? Though I think its plausible, I mean QoS was in 120,000 sales mark so far. And its much inferior to COD WAW

E3 2010- Tape runs out