By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Interesting discovery.... (Ps3 20 mil mark related)

d21lewis said:
For some reason, I thought this thread was about "Infinite Undiscovery"!

Same here.

Around the Network
Sephiroth357 said:
d21lewis said:
For some reason, I thought this thread was about "Infinite Undiscovery"!

Same here.

Me too... and I created the thread... weird.

People are gonna go where their money takes them. Simply put, 360 is cheaper and the game selection is also pretty good. I hope sony drops their price and gets their act together, i'd hate to see anyone drop out of the console war.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Slavedemonxi said:
People are gonna go where their money takes them. Simply put, 360 is cheaper and the game selection is also pretty good. I hope sony drops their price and gets their act together, i'd hate to see anyone drop out of the console war.

How does this thread have anything to do with the 360...

So assuming PS3 is at about 17.55 million after Black Friday week. Then we have 5 weeks left for the year. 4 weeks before and including Christmas week. 1 week is after Christmas week. Last year the corresponding weeks did a total of 2,321,619 sales. Meaning that the PS3 needs to see an improvement of over 128K to hit 20M.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

or maybe some us can get off this site and look at reality and see ps3 passes 20 million this year!

Selnor - do you still think the Ps3 will only reach a max of 19.5? That would be an avg of 350k a week from the 4 weeks left. (I'm assuming its gonna sell 500k Christmas week)

thx - 19.8 is close enough for me. If the ps3 misses 20 million by 200k I'll be fine with it. But you know people are gonna be like "Oh ps3 isnt as big as people were hyping. It fell so short of 20mil this year"

So with 3 weeks of Christmas sales and 1 week post Christmas sales the PS3 now needs 2.12 million more to hit 20 million. That is 530K per week.

Dont think it is likely.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Agreed.

whats up with this thread... its like the first 10 or so posts arnt there

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog