By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Interesting discovery.... (Ps3 20 mil mark related)

For some reason, I thought this thread was about "Infinite Undiscovery"!

Around the Network
papflesje said:
would be a rather insane bump if they got to 400.000 weeks from now on (can't imagine what the wii and xbox will sell if even the PS3 manages to get to those numbers). I do think it's highly doubtful (looking at past numbers) but I wish you good luck with your estimate ^^

Let's speculate on the week that's happening right now numbers for a second.

If PES can give Ps3 a 40k week (Holiday's really picking up, PES bundle, and first time it wont be on Ps2)

And if Resistance 2 can give Europe a 160k week (Holidays picking up and big game launch)

and if Black Friday can give a 160k week (Black frieday... enough said)

then the sales will be right on track from last years.

It is of course possible. I just feel the economy is not what it was and rumours of an impending price cut may slow the PS3 down this season.

All the consoles will sell well this Xmas tho relative to other gifts.
I mean Im still playing on my Wii and Xbox 360 nearly two years after purchase.
Now thats a good return on investment.

Artur said:
At least PS3 can count on us here in Europe. Huge market, people go for quality.

Yep, they buy Wii's by the dozens. 

BengaBenga said:
Artur said:
At least PS3 can count on us here in Europe. Huge market, people go for quality.

Yep, they buy Wii's by the dozens. 

/sigh...

Around the Network

I think the PS3 will lie somewhere between 19-19.5 mill. Just dont see it averaging 450,000 WW for the rest of the year.

Whoops duplicate post

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

This year the holiday sales cycle is shorter in US.

Week 1: BF week ended Nov 24th
Week 2: week ended Dec 1st
Week 3: week ended Dec 8th
Week 4: week ended Dec 15th
Week 5: week ended Dec 22nd
Week 6: Christmas on Tuesday Dec 25th (short week)

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

selnor said:
I think the PS3 will lie somewhere between 19-19.5 mill. Just dont see it averaging 450,000 WW for the rest of the year.

Oh wowzers... You really think the Ps3 will sell 306k a week? You realize week before Christmas it will sell 500k... So you think the other 5 weeks remaining the Ps3 will sell 260k a week? Bet it will sell more than 260 this week.

thx1139 said:
This year the holiday sales cycle is shorter in US.

Week 1: BF week ended Nov 24th
Week 2: week ended Dec 1st
Week 3: week ended Dec 8th
Week 4: week ended Dec 15th
Week 5: week ended Dec 22nd
Week 6: Christmas on Tuesday Dec 25th (short week)

No, this year it will go up to the 3rd of Jan. few reasons for this. Last year it ended on the 29th with 2 days left on the year this year the last full week of the year will be the 27th with four days left in the year. Majority of the days that week will be within this year. Another reason is more console sales that week will be from the first 4 days than the last three. I bet the first 4 days will make up of 80% of sales that week considering New Years Eve and New Years are holidays so people are still shopping for gifts before those days and that stores will be closed on January 1st meaning those 3 days... are really 2 day worth of shopping.