By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Interesting discovery.... (Ps3 20 mil mark related)

At least PS3 can count on us here in Europe. Huge market, people go for quality.

Around the Network

lol Artur, haven't you seen the Others Numbers this past few weeks?
The PS3 is seriously lagging behing 360 and Wii.

People go for Quality? Yep, and they didn't chose PS3. Says a lot.
People go for good games and strong game related service.

Grow up Playstation fans...
The good years are behind you.

My Gaming Setup

Artur said:
At least PS3 can count on us here in Europe. Huge market, people go for quality.

PS3 does undoubtedly enjoy a larger share of the European market, but recently they two HD systems are selling on par. With the current 360 price drop a holiday boost can be expected for MS.  As for PS3 they and sony are hurting in lower sales. Im not so sure the PS3 can count on you guys for much longer.

Neoraf said:
lol Artur, haven't you seen the Others Numbers this past few weeks?
The PS3 is seriously lagging behing 360 and Wii.

People go for Quality? Yep, and they didn't chose PS3. Says a lot.
People go for good games and strong game related service.

Grow up Playstation fans...
The good years are behind you.

You know... this thread has nothing to do with X vs Y so.... why don't you grow up?

Let's get back on track all three of you. Will Ps3 hit 20 million now that you see these numbers?

Not sure if it's a sure shot but you bring up good and valid points. Last thread (one I'm assuming is the reason for this one) I got yelled at because I said I wanted to reserve my judgement till I see sales data of black friday week.

Around the Network

why u dont adjust it to 500k a week .... ??!!! WTF !

said:
said:

You know... this thread has nothing to do with X vs Y so.... why don't you grow up?

Let's get back on track all three of you. Will Ps3 hit 20 million now that you see these numbers?

Your right. Enough with X and Y.

Anyhow I was looking at the numbers and PS3 sales are down compared to last year. But not only in America.  You have to realize Black Friday is purely an American thing same as Thanksgiving.  So this seems to be more due to the economic downturn than a one week discrepancy between Thanksgiving this year and last. That could effect your logic, unless you are expecting PS3 to reach 20 million on the weight of American sales alone. You also have to factor in tough competition from the other consoles which are selling better in spite of your theory.  The same applies to the European market.

Its just been a bad fourth quarter for Sony.  But they could still break the 20 million mark, though I seriously doubt it with the current trend.

Also I couldnt help but to notice you got a $3,000 ban fine sometime back.  If you don't mind my asking, what in good heavens did you do to warrant that?

I was an alternate account of a perma-banned user (self requested perma-ban)

AKA pooperscooper said:
I was an alternate account of a perma-banned user (self requested perma-ban)

I see. I was thinking it was something else. You know something super evil, because $3,000, thats a lot of VG bucks.

would be a rather insane bump if they got to 400.000 weeks from now on (can't imagine what the wii and xbox will sell if even the PS3 manages to get to those numbers). I do think it's highly doubtful (looking at past numbers) but I wish you good luck with your estimate ^^