By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA Delayed til Q2 2008???

Lingyis said:
koffieboon said:

From the same press release:

"* For the fiscal year ending October 31, 2007"

Which means Q1 must be november-january and Q2 is february-april

Yep.  Feb-April. 

Barring further delays, of course. 

am i the only one saying wtf?  I mean from take 2's standpoint why would you release what may be the biggest game of this generation in feb-april?!? 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

this is even worse than i thought for ps3 owners.. this means L.A. NOIRE and Rockstars other ps3 exclusive title will probably get pushed back to Late 2008 or sometime in 2009

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

holy crapola this is BIG news batman!!

I guess the thread(s) we had discussions about which was gonna sell more this holiday between GTA4 and Halo3 are all wrong if you said GTA4. Halo3 is winner by default.

So, when SMG and SSBB launch this holiday (Nov/Dec) what is their compitition?

blimey is all I can say. This christmas is really gonna belong to nintendo. thats asuming they can get enough Wiis in stock.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

hmmm... I know MS has halo and some other stuff for the holidays... what does sony have now (things that actually have been dated for release...)?

Around the Network

This also helps my prediction about the ps3 not reaching 5million until november :)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

superchunk said:
holy crapola this is BIG news batman!!

I guess the thread(s) we had discussions about which was gonna sell more this holiday between GTA4 and Halo3 are all wrong if you said GTA4. Halo3 is winner by default.

So, when SMG and SSBB launch this holiday (Nov/Dec) what is their compitition?

Tickle Me Elmo Exxtreme?

darkfire001 said:
Wow this sucks. This isn't even a small delay at all, six months at least?

I'm very dissapointed, initially this Holiday 07' Xbox 360 slate looked to be the best ever for an FPS/Action gamer like me, and then the shit storm began....
- Haze "Semi-Exclusive to PS3" delayed until 08 at least.
- Unreal Tourney 3 "Semi-Exclusive to PS3" delayed until 08 at least.
- Blacksite pushed back a few months (first decent FPS before Halo 3)
- Couple other launches pushed back.
- Now GTA IV gets a HUGE delay.

Its still going to be a good end of year for 360, tons of good games. But GTAIV is a HUGE SELLING POINT for a lot of kids when deciding between a 360 and a Wii (teens). I really think Nintendo wins big with this delay.

It seems this may hurt Sony more then. Haze and UT3 may lauch simultaneously on both PS3 & 360. There goes that advantage. It also gives MS a chance to lower there prices again, if the 45nm chip is ready around that time. There is a rumor on IGN that it will be ready by about March.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

That basically means PS3 has nothing except for Lair and Heavenly Sword this fall, or have imissed something

Rockstars other exclusive probably won't be coming out until 2009 anyways.

I don;t see how this really affects the sales of the 360 and the PS3, I mean, people still know that GTA is going to be coming out for their systems, so they can still get them for christmas, right? I mean people can't generally be that stupid that they think tht a game getting pushed back = them not ever getting the game?

Or, do people just want to be instantly entertertained for their money. This kind of makes Microsofts $50 million spent on later released content money not well spent.