By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA Delayed til Q2 2008???

It means Xbox 360 and PS3 will lose one of their biggest games and system seller for this holiday. It might be smart for Take2 though, next year the userbase will have grown some more already and console prices may have been lowered a bit as well, which makes buying a console just for this game more likely. Btw, this means Manhunt 2 will also not be released before november and GTA4 will now be released somewhere between february and april 2008.

Around the Network

Well, it makes choosing what games to buy this Xmas easier... With the great releases on the PS3 and 360, it was going to be a tough holiday to decide what to buy and not to buy. Now with a must have off the list it will open up space for other titles.

it says second quarter fiscal 08 that is not february to april 08. Fiscal year 08 doesn't even start until april. That would put this game in September/October 08 right?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

who the fuck is managing this company? Jesus Christ man.

johnsobas said:
it says second quarter fiscal 08 that is not february to april 08. Fiscal year 08 doesn't even start until april. That would put this game in September/October 08 right?

I think it would be between july-september 08

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

dam this will hurt ps3 and 360 sales this fall... the 360 need halo 3 to push sales like crazy and the ps3 now needs a killer app for the fall... dam dam and dam

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

johnsobas said:
it says second quarter fiscal 08 that is not february to april 08. Fiscal year 08 doesn't even start until april. That would put this game in September/October 08 right?

I think some companies have their fiscal year aligned with the calendar year.

MS, Exclusive online content from Take Two: 50 Million Dollars

Sony, a secret development deal with Epic: 23 Million Dollars

The look on Sony and MS Excutives faces when they find out the big games were delayed because Nintendo paid both of the off, priceless.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

PS3 is now lacking an established killer ap for this holiday, while 360 has halo to fall back on.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Wow this sucks. This isn't even a small delay at all, six months at least?

I'm very dissapointed, initially this Holiday 07' Xbox 360 slate looked to be the best ever for an FPS/Action gamer like me, and then the shit storm began....
- Haze "Semi-Exclusive to PS3" delayed until 08 at least.
- Unreal Tourney 3 "Semi-Exclusive to PS3" delayed until 08 at least.
- Blacksite pushed back a few months (first decent FPS before Halo 3)
- Couple other launches pushed back.
- Now GTA IV gets a HUGE delay.

Its still going to be a good end of year for 360, tons of good games. But GTAIV is a HUGE SELLING POINT for a lot of kids when deciding between a 360 and a Wii (teens). I really think Nintendo wins big with this delay.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!