By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your top 5 game controllers

__XBrawlX__ said:
1)Wii-Mote/Nunchuk: Accurate and intuitive motion control combined with comfort makes this an instant number 1.

2)Gamecube: Everything seems perfectly proportionate (Minus the D-Pad) and has a very comforting feel in your hands.

3)XBox 360: Although I like the Proportioned Buttons of the gamecube, I also like the equally sized buttons of the 360... And the triggers are perfect! Other companies should definitely consider using something like them... However... the D-Pad is frustrating at times... and doesn't really fit as well as the Gamecube's controller.

4)SNES: Gotta love the original! Yeah, I know the NES was before this one, but as far as I'm concerned, the SNES set the path for almost every other game controller out there... The L & R buttons curve perfectly over the top, and the controller its self feels good, except I seem to hurt my hands when playing MegaManX (Tapping) and the Select and start suck really bad...

5)N64: For the First mainstream analog controller, they certainly did a good job... and the Z Trigger was awesome for Goldeneye, but it's awkward shape only seemed to work well in some instances, and the D-pad was almost completely made obsolete.I didn't like the L & R buttons this time around, and the c-buttons were too small... Then again... RUMBLE!

The next five would be something like this...
6) DualShock 3
7) Genesis Controller
8) NES Controller
9) Dual Shock 2
10) Dual Shock 1

For N64, Dpad worked fine. Couldn't of played Kirby 64: THe crystal shards without it :D

Also, Space Invaders worked pretty well with the Dpad.

Around the Network

1 Gamecube Controller
2. Wii mote / Nunchuck
3. SNES controller
4. Genesis controller
5. N64 controller

Hawkeye said:
__XBrawlX__ said:
1)Wii-Mote/Nunchuk: Accurate and intuitive motion control combined with comfort makes this an instant number 1.

2)Gamecube: Everything seems perfectly proportionate (Minus the D-Pad) and has a very comforting feel in your hands.

3)XBox 360: Although I like the Proportioned Buttons of the gamecube, I also like the equally sized buttons of the 360... And the triggers are perfect! Other companies should definitely consider using something like them... However... the D-Pad is frustrating at times... and doesn't really fit as well as the Gamecube's controller.

4)SNES: Gotta love the original! Yeah, I know the NES was before this one, but as far as I'm concerned, the SNES set the path for almost every other game controller out there... The L & R buttons curve perfectly over the top, and the controller its self feels good, except I seem to hurt my hands when playing MegaManX (Tapping) and the Select and start suck really bad...

5)N64: For the First mainstream analog controller, they certainly did a good job... and the Z Trigger was awesome for Goldeneye, but it's awkward shape only seemed to work well in some instances, and the D-pad was almost completely made obsolete.I didn't like the L & R buttons this time around, and the c-buttons were too small... Then again... RUMBLE!

The next five would be something like this...
6) DualShock 3
7) Genesis Controller
8) NES Controller
9) Dual Shock 2
10) Dual Shock 1

For N64, Dpad worked fine. Couldn't of played Kirby 64: THe crystal shards without it :D

Also, Space Invaders worked pretty well with the Dpad.

There nothing wrong trhe the D-Pad itself... its just that the placement of it on the controller, made it almost never used im most games...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

5) Dream Cast Controller
4) N64 Controller [Honestly with my left hand on the middle grip, that thing felt cool :3]
3) Genesis Controller [6 Buttons]
2) Sixaxis
1) DualShock 3

For the sixaxis and dualshock 3, I put them seperate because I prefer the dualshock's wieght

4 ≈ One

1) DC (missing one analog stick, but otherwise perfect for everything else)
2) SNES (classic controller, but hurts the thumb when you play too many street fighter)
3) 360 (good feel to it but the d-pad is really horrible)
4) PS2 (good use for ps2 generation when the console wasn't about shooters)
5) N64 (first analog stick excluding atari and 6 face button, but d-pad is bad)

Around the Network

1) DC
2) Wii
3) PS3
4) SNES
5) NES

NUMBER 5 - small xbox controller
NUMBER 4 - xbox 360 controller
Number 3 - ps2
number 2 - ps3
number 1 - ps3 prototype controller / dream cast prototype controller

So... what comes with a PC? A keyboard? A joystick? Or is that "third party"? This thread seems a bit console centric. I'm going to include a PC gamepad that I love. Don't blame me, Mise started it with his Gravis talk.

1. Wii remote
2. SNES gamepad
3. NES gamepad
4. Thrustmaster Firestorm Digital 3
5. Unicomp Customizer 101-key buckling spring keyboard

Also, my worst controller ever award goes to the Atari 2600 joystick AKA The Palm Grinder.

1) 360 Controller

1. Wii Mote
2. PS/2/3 controller
3. Snes Controller
4. Gamecube controller
5. N64 controller