By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your top 5 game controllers

ooh, mainly old skool pads for me (360 been the exception)

1. Sega megadrive/Genesis II 6 button pad

2. Sega saturn pad

3. Microsoft xbox 360 pad

4. Super Famicom/Nintendo entertainment system pad (no probs doing zangiefs spinning pile drivers with this beauty)

5. Sony playstation 1 pad

Around the Network

DS3 (pure balance and wait)

Wii
WaveBird
Dreamcast

(The 360's has too many faults and, disscomforts)

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

3 - SNES
2 - GameCube
1 - Wii

1: 360's controller. The placement of the analogue sticks in perfect. I don't heavily play fighting games so the crappy d-pad isn't an issue for me.

2: Gamecube controller. It was just so so comfortable.

The only other console I really played was the 64, but its controller isn't that good. BTW Mouse + Keyboard > all

1. GC
2. SNES
3. 360
4. Wii
5. n64

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

1) Nintendo Wavebird (Gamecube wireless controller)... The design was already brilliant but the wireless is a noteworthy addition to the already brilliant Cube-controller!... The original had a too short wire so this was the cherry on the cake!

2) Dual Shock 3: I didn't expect this thing to feel so good and fine! I didn't like the PSX/PS2 controllers but I like these! The 2nd shoulder-buttons feel really good and the Home button is brilliant!

3) Wii-mote: The detection of movement was revolutionary at first but underwhelmed after a certain time-period... The waggle sucks but if implemented well in some games I really like it! Oh, and ofcouse it feels good when it lays in your hands! As with every Nintendo controller.

4) N64... Felt really sweet in the hands! Too bad the stick weared out really fast! First controller which was good to use with FPS'!

5) 360-controller: Feels good, although it's WAY too heavy i.m.o! Also, the 2nd shoulder button does't feel fine! But still, a great improvement over the Xbox-controller and the S-controller...

THE NETHERLANDS

I find the ps2/3 controller to small and clumpy the xbox 360 controller is big and has a nice feel, the triggers are really good for racing games and shooters,

1. xbox 360
2. xbox
3. gamecube
4. n64
5. snes

1) Playstation 2 controller (feels better than the sixaxis)
2) SNES (easy to hold)
3) N64 (classic controller but joystick was annoying)
4) Gamecube controller
5) PS3 controller (feels lighter than the ps2 controller)

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

1 - Keyboard/Mouse
2 - Xbox S Controller
3 - DS Touchpad
4 - 360 Controller
5 - Dualshock