By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your top 5 game controllers

SmokedHostage said:
I don't get how people like the PS3 controller.. the dual analog murders my thumbs and the mushroom shape doesn't help either. D:

its been around for over 10 years and no one has complained about it until now. i dont understand.

Around the Network

i'm no fan boy, personally i like the feel of the 360 controller. i like how my thumbs are more naturally placed.

1. N64
2. GC
3. DC
4. SNES
5. Wiimote/Nunchuk

1.Xbox360

2.Xbox Duke (It fit my hands perfectly, the only problem was the placement of the black/white buttons)

3.Sega genisis 6 button controller

4.Microsoft Sidewinder

5.Wiimote

xbox 360
n64
ps controllers
gamecube
xbox 1

Around the Network

1) GC
2) SNES
3) Wii remote
4) DC
5) 360

1: saturn 2nd gen d-pad (it's the most natural for Capcom's 2D fighters)
2: xbox 360
3: gamecube
4: SNES
5: dreamcast

1. Dual shock 3
2.SNES controller
3. GC controller
4. N64 controller

mM

1. Wiimote/ Wiimote & Nunchuk / Keyboard
2. Classic Controller / SNES Pad
3. NES Pad
4. Ye Olde Gravis Gamepad for the PC
5. Gamecube Pad

The Keyboard isn't the most immersive controller ever, but its sheer number of possible commands, functions, macros etc. and the lethal accuracy in almost every game type ever puts it at the first place. Honestly, a pad player has absolutely no chance in an FPS match against a keypad player with similar or even inferior skill.

As far as pads go (and I'm not really a pad person), I like the Classic Controller quite a bit. I have small hands, so the buttons are positioned and spaced very nicely for me, the analog sticks are good, the D-pad is good, and the shoulder pads are good as well. A solid pad which is only limited by its usability - since you can only use it on VC games or other games that make specific use of it, it's not as great as it could be.

NES and Gravis pads are there mainly for nostalgic reasons, though the Gravis pads were solid peces of hardware in their own right.

Oh, and for the record - the Dualshock blows.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

PS3 controller
Wii mote