By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your top 5 game controllers

I'm not going to place any of the few that I list in order.

-Mouse and Keyboard
-Dualshock (PS1, PS2, and PS3)
-Xbox 360

I don't mind either Dualshock 3 or Xbox 360 designs.

Around the Network

The hands down best and most influential is...

The SNES pad. It perfected the NES pad and became the template that most gaming systems used going forward.

At number two, the N64 controller. Adding an analogue stick and eventually 'rumble' made the controller more responsive and provided feedback back to the user. Both features were eventually copied by the world plus one.

At number three, the Wiimote. Why not number one or two? It hasn't lived up to its promise yet.

Moving right along, the Dreamcast controller. Pretty much taking something from everyone and putting it into one large rigid mess. The cord extended from the bottom, two add on slots, and it was anything but ergonomic. But sadly no one has ever copied the VMU or last least added a screen/display to their controller.

And in number five, the Wavebird. The first first-party wireless controller. The only thing lacking was rumble. But the batteries lasted forever and it felt just right.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

1. dualshock 3
2. dualshock 2
3. dualshock
4. playstation non-analog controller
5. N64 controller

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

1) Gamecube controller
2) SNES controller
3) 360 controller
4) N64 controller

These ratings are based on comfort and ease-of-use. I find the Gamecube controller the most comfortable, though the D-pad is too small.

I dislike the analog placement on the DC pad, and it didn't have enough buttons. I've never liked any iteration of Dualshock.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.