By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New UK Chart - huge drop for LBP, Wii Music fails to chart in the top 10

finalsquall said:
And Gears droped from 1 - 5. Isn't that a big drop for a AAA game?

After its mammoth opening, a 4-place drop isn't surprising. Many Gears fans purchased their copy the first week. Casuals won't give this game legs like they will to games like Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii.

Around the Network

I fink the demografix of the PS3 users are not the best possible for a kiddy game like LBP. And the high price of the PS3 is the reason for that.

Once the PS3 drops to $200 it'll get better, cuz the families and small kids start to look at the console. LBP II will probably sell over 5 million copies easily.

thx1139 said:
BengaBenga said:

That's not true.

Besides that it's not true, it also doesn't matter. The average costumers doesn't care one bit who made the game. It's not Nintendo's fault that 3rd parties don't make quality, high budget software for Wii.

I dont know I think Nintendo is partially to blame. They have set an example with some low budget lower quality titles that have done extremely well.  Look at WiiPlay, WiiSports and now WiiMusic.  Remember this next time you celebrate WiiPlay selling so well. The high budget, high quality titles have come from the traditional Nintendo franchises which really dont take much advantage of what the Wii offers.

Not all games on DS use the touchscreen, yet there are quite a few amazing games with the traditional controls on it.

And again you try to prove something that's irrelevant. Wii sells tons of software, the brand doesn't matter at all.
If anything it's the 3rd parties that miss out on a lot of money by misinterpreting Wii's userbase. If both Brawl and Kart are able to outsell the 360 version of the biggest franchise in gaming (GTA) it's clear that traditional games sell well on Wii.

I really don't see how you can think of Wii Sports as low quality. It's the defining game of this gen and I haven't seen anyone that doesn't like it. That's definitely quality. This is the new Super Mario Bros, a game that will bring millions into gaming.

WiiStation360 said:
Call of Duty: World at War versions:
360 = #1
PS3 = #3
PC = #14
Wii = not in to 40

so wii owners were smart enough not to buy the POS known as COD5. That game is so darn average.

WoW should have been #1 though... odd it isnt.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Well ,there was 5 new releases in the Top10 ,so LBP drop isnt as bad.COD5 must have sold incredible amounts of soft to have both versions outselling the second week of Gears 2!

Pity for Mirrors Edge ,its a truly original and impresive videogame.

And Banjo didnt even enter the Top40 in its debut ,too bad.Bad showing for COD WOW on the Wii too.

Around the Network

*Hopes that LBP will have great legs*

4 ≈ One

Wow, the Wii is getting in more and more trouble as of late. Japan, UK all showing signs of SW simply not selling at all besides of MKWii and Wii Fit.

I wonder if the US will go this way, let's hope it doesn't.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

It feels so good to call Wii Music sales. To think so many stated how well it would do when I continuously told you it wouldn't do that well with all that negative hype. Maybe we should listen to me next time. You want to predict sales... measure hype and brand and you'll figure it out.

trestres said:
Wow, the Wii is getting in more and more trouble as of late. Japan, UK all showing signs of SW simply not selling at all besides of MKWii and Wii Fit.

I wonder if the US will go this way, let's hope it doesn't.

Well Wii Fit, MK Wii, and Wii Play seem to be hurting sales of other games on the platform.  Especially Wii Fit which costs as much as 2 games.  Third parties and even Ninty franchises are having problems competing with this in the UK and in Japan similar scenario.  While 360 and PS3 don't have a dominating franchise on the market.  Thus they get numerous amounts of titles that start off well and then fade off.  IN a way PS3 or 360 will have 9 titles do exactly as much as Wii Fit or 27 titles that do exactly as much as those 3 games listed above.  And if we look at sales of those 3 titles on Wii you can understand the issues.

This is somethin that's pretty damn hard to hit head on because there's not much you can do to tell buyers to stop buying certain games.  Just going to need more of an effort with the developers to advertise Wii games or Wii versions of games and Ninty to help give those some props as well.  If not then these 3 games will continue to absorb majority of the sales on the platform.  I think too many people forget that sales don't compete across platforms: they compete on the same platform and having to compete with that trifecta upt there isn't easy.

@Zucas

GTA used to be a franchise that would be in the top 10 for ages n ages

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey