By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New UK Chart - huge drop for LBP, Wii Music fails to chart in the top 10

@Benga

It will be very interesting to see that chart for Jan - Dec as it will include Gears 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, GHWT, & CoDWaW.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

LBP drop was expected, considering the legs it's shown so far in other territories.

It's been dropping like it was frontloaded. Sony needs to get this bundled asap.

Judging the legs of games in the christmas period is pretty weak especialy this christmas period which is probably the most saturated the gaming market has been in recent times.

Let's see how LBP does between January and Febuary for a clearer look.

thinking about the word legs for LBP they were talking about lol

EaglesEye379 said:
@Benga

It will be very interesting to see that chart for Jan - Dec as it will include Gears 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, GHWT, & CoDWaW.

That will definitely be interesting. Nevertheless are neither of these titles even remotely close to GTA in sales, so I don't think the overall picture will change. I even think the difference will be bigger. If you read the Gamasutra article you'll see that Wii sold as much software as 360, in a month without big 360 releases and with Fallout and Fable for 360.  And Wii will have continued stellar sales of Wii Fit, Mario Kart, SSBB as well as Animal Crossing and legs for GHWT.

BengaBenga said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Once again COD WAW proves this gen is completely unlike last gen where the leading console dominated SW Sales in every way possible.

That's still the case:

Expect in the third party department in the US we know that is simply not the case. Where Ninty outperforms this year is the first party. Through September best estimates have third party sales at 18.8 for the Wii with the 360 well over 20 million. Lack of data to bring up to date with October. As far as hits out of the gate for Third Party versus First it really isn't even close either;

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081116-npd-software-top-ten-list-the-360-is-a-publishers-best-bet.html

Around the Network
Million said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

LBP drop was expected, considering the legs it's shown so far in other territories.

It's been dropping like it was frontloaded. Sony needs to get this bundled asap.

Judging the legs of games in the christmas period is pretty weak especialy this christmas period which is probably the most saturated the gaming market has been in recent times.

Let's see how LBP does between January and Febuary for a clearer look.

If it can't sell big numbers Nov/Dec, then forget about it. The Jan/Feb games market is going to be bleak with a terrible economy and huge discounting.

KatinJin said:
BengaBenga said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Once again COD WAW proves this gen is completely unlike last gen where the leading console dominated SW Sales in every way possible.

That's still the case:

Expect in the third party department in the US we know that is simply not the case. Where Ninty outperforms this year is the first party. Through September best estimates have third party sales at 18.8 with the 360 well over 20 million. Lack of data to bring up to date with October. As far as hits out of the gate it really isn't even close either;

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081116-npd-software-top-ten-list-the-360-is-a-publishers-best-bet.html

That's not true.

From http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3841/the_mushroom_growth_plan_inside_.php?page=5

Besides that it's not true, it also doesn't matter. The average costumers doesn't care one bit who made the game. It's not Nintendo's fault that 3rd parties don't make quality, high budget software for Wii.

benga said,"Besides that it's not true, it also doesn't matter. The average costumers doesn't care one bit who made the game. It's not Nintendo's fault that 3rd parties don't make quality, high budget software for Wii."

I agree. The thing that gets me is when publishers cry foul about the amount of sales on the Wii when its a limited version. COD:WaW is a perfect example of this. I can understand the limited players(16>8) But not the game modes.

...I'm enjoying the game, but I can't help but wonder why the addition game modes were removed...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

How was it a huge LBP Drop??

Four new releases, gears, and the Nintendo Mainstays are the only things in front of it. >_>

Edit:  And how soon people forget Uncharted.

DMeisterJ said:

How was it a huge LBP Drop??

Four new releases, gears, and the Nintendo Mainstays are the only things in front of it. >_>

Edit:  And how soon people forget Uncharted.

I have the same opinion. It did well this week.