By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another sickeningly sweet Wii story

Stof, it sounds like everybody really cares for your dad, and that he has had a big influence on y'all. I am glad that you are all getting a chance to be with him as he/and you all are going through this, b/c family is all we really have.

Around the Network

Now why cant stories like this make the media?

Stofs story made me feel sad and happy all at the same time (big manly hug to stof)

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Wow... what can you say to that. It's great that you're taking everything in stride, and enjoying the time you have. God bless ya.

I remember when my grandma died... she went in for surgery to get rid of a tumor that was putting pressure on her brain. It was a quality of life sorta thing, not so much life-threatening at the time. The doctors said she'd walk better and her handwriting would become legible again, things like that. But she doesn't wake up after the procedure... for a week or two she was in some sort of coma. Then she opened her eyes, and gradually we could see awareness in them. She couldn't talk, but she was beginning to be able to move her extremities and it seemed like she was making a recovery. We had her moved from the hospital to some place where they'd keep an eye on her. I don't know if it was carelessness on the part of that new staff but... she threw up in the night and suffocated with no suction or anything in place to clear her passages.

I got the chance to say some things to her when she was "awake" for that small period (under the assumption that she could hear me), but I never knew that the day before the surgery, when I nonchalantly returned her goodbye, that it was the last time I'd hear her voice.

Cherish the time, just as you are. You can tell your dad that a fellow Wii-bowler sends his greetings. And that my ball always seems to curve to the left, too (even in the game). Wiiiiii!

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

man, that's tough. never had anyone close to me die of cancer, never knew my grandfather tho, cos he died from heart disease.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Man that was a sad story, Nintendo arn't faceless, I'm sure old Shiggy would give a hug if asked, sorry to here of your Dad, that must be horrible :(

Only person I know with Cancer is my girlfriend, whom will die of Liver cancer within 10 years (@ 30)

That sucks big time dude, I hope you find fun things to do to keep you happy.

Around the Network

I'm sad to hear this. Such a sad story.

Thanks for the story man. Being a Pre-Med student currently studying for the Med School entrance exams stories like this do a lot to encourage me to study more and try my best to excel in my field so I can help or prevent people in situations like your dad.

My thoughts go out to your family, and I shall remember your story in long nights of studying.

Wow, that's really sad :(

I think its great videogaming is moving into this arena (in general) where it can really impact/improve people's lives.

I bought a DS for my grandmother - but she was too old (92) to use it properly. I saw her on the weekend, and my partner was playing cards on it with her.

I am seriously considering buying a Wii + WiiFit for my parents (mother) when it comes out. My mother - although only 60 - is a bit sick with a few things, and I think it would do her the world of good. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Be there for your mother, she'll need someone strong to help her go through the difficult times ahead! No matter what shit life throws at us, we have to, and can, get by and recover.

I'm glad to know that your father has the full support and caring of his family... He has to be very happy for that :) We went through the same thing more than a year ago with my grandfather, but I know it's not really comparable, so be strong. And remember your father mostly for his best times, not the worst.

PS: Businesses exist to make money, but don't forget that the people behind most of them would probably be doing a different thing if they had different passions and interests. Businesses are still human at the core :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wow. I lost my Dad to cancer a few years back, so reading ur story definately brought tears to my eyes. I am Glad ur Father is still having fun through these painfull times. Its Great to cherish the times man.