By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another sickeningly sweet Wii story

Thanks for sharing.

Around the Network

That was a real heart touching story. Be proud of your family.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I know this feeling of a family with cancer I hope you will have great memories of this moments for the rest of your life.

Stof,

I tried to reply to your post several times but I couldn't come up with the right words to thank you for sharing such an intimate part of your life with us and also words that could help with the emotional roller coaster your life is on right now. I've been where you are now as I watched my uncle who was my closest friend die. I hated life and God for being so unfair and it took me a long time to come to terms with it. Something that helped was a book a friend gave me called "Tuesdays with Morrie", if you haven't already read it you should. Take care and my prayers go out to your family. 

I'm glad that you found another way to bring him enjoyment during this and that it is something that you can do together. Not everyone gets those opportunities.

Also thank you for sharing it with us.

Around the Network

Kind of hard to figure out what to say, really all I can think of is that I feel sorry for what your family is going through

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Thanks for sharing that stof

Wii will help you through this.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I spend so much time on these boards talking about videogames (and now you know why I'm at home posting all the time), and it just seemed right to tell my gaming story.

The funny part was when my sister called to say she'd be coming by tomorrow. My dad said, then we can Wii! She had no idea what he was talking about. "Oh don't worry" he said, " We just wii'd and when you come tomorrw we'll Wiii again!"

I asked her after if she knew what we were talking about, she figured that he was trying marijuana again (which really helped through the chemo associated nausea by the way) I laughed.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Truly great story. I am glad you have such a good memory of your father's final days. It matters not whether we live forever, it matters how we live.