By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another sickeningly sweet Wii story

Cancer runs in my family so it's common sense around me . So I know how you feel ( I myself have to have regular checks considering the high risk)
It's good to see those stories about people that are close to there end. Still being able to experience this fun. I would buy him a wii if it ever needs to be returned so he still is able to.
It's these moments that I believe nintendo made the right choice and brought back a little happiness to the world. Because it's a sad place these days.

My thoughts are with you for I know how it feels ( I lost about 15 relatives in about 8 years because of cancer including my grandma 3 of her sisters and 2 brothers on my grandpa's)

@ArtofAngels : Sorry to hear this too. I have respect for people like you that stay with someone that knows they will die in a few years. ( I would do it to ) It lets me see that there are still people that care about others. Best of luck to you. Specially in the hard times that will come.

Around the Network

Stof, I'm quite sorry to hear about your father. I'm very glad that you're getting to spend some fun time with him while he's sick.

On a side note, how long do they say he has? The reason I ask is because being able to enjoy your life - truly ENJOY it - is proven to be one of the best medicines you can find.

I honestly would not be surprised if he outlives the doctors' expectations thanks to the Wii.

I'm not meaning to give undue hope (I'd hate to get your hopes up for something like that happening, then he ends up going two days later =/), but that IS something that you may possibly experience. Happiness is one of the best gifts and medicines one can ever have, and it sounds like your father is being able to appreciate that in these last days.

One thing you may want to consider - go to Blockbuster/Hollywood Video/whatever, and rent some other games. Does he like fishing? Get a Wii fishing game. Maybe rent Excite Truck or something else. Find games that he'd be able to enjoy, and spend time with him doing all sorts of stuff like that.

I try thinking what I'd do if I were in your shoes, and I think, "If I were there, and my dad ended up passing away, I'd want to be able to look back and have no regrets." I'd want to look back and have some of my best memories with my father be those that I had with him in his final days.

Again, terribly sorry that you have to go through this, and my prayers are with you all. God bless.

SW-5120-1900-6153

My girlfriend read this a couple of days ago, and she said that she wishes more families would be like that.

Wow. Thanks for the outpouring of support everybody. I wasn't really expecting this when I started the thread. To be honest I wasn't even sure quite why I made it.

And to everyone else that has also lost or is losing someone, my heart goes out to you as well.

As for my dad, we haven't gotten to play together again as he's had a pretty rough couple of days. I'm hoping he has some better periods in which he's not so tired and out of it, but I think he may only have a few days left. 

Either way, he fought off the cancer for 9 years, which is pretty damn impressive. But the Wii is still a big help, as my mom and I are having some tennis matches while he sleeps. It's especially helpfull for my mom, since she hasn't been able to make her regular trips to the Y for the last few months.

Again, thankyou everyone. It means a lot.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

ya sorry you had to go through that. around cristmas last year, my aunt died, and then a couple months later, my mom died. it was kinda depressing because for a while, i was going to a funeral about every month for 3 months straight

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Around the Network

My grandpa died about 29 days ago, so I can sympathize with what you're going through. I'm glad that you're able to enjoy his last days with him, as that's the way it should be. I'm glad that I was there in the final minutes(seconds) of my grandpa's life. Which, he had a massive heart attack and basically died right in front of me and my dad's eyes.

You seem like a strong person that accepts death well.

"To the well organized mind death is but the next great adventure" - Albus Dumbledore.

At 4 AM this morning, my dad finally lost his battle with Cancer. Knowing this was happening, my brother and sister came down on thursday, and we spent the next two days at his side. As tough as it was, we're happy to say that he died at home, surrounded by his loved ones, and without any suffering or pain. It's hard, but we know we'll get through it.

I'd just like to thank everybody again for their support. Sometimes it just helps to share, and you folks are a nice bunch of folks to share with.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.