By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP Sales Expectations (A little high, eh?)

Another LBP thread?

Around the Network

Ok, I am in an excellent position involving LBP. I predicted it would sell between 1 and 5 million. There is very little chance of this vague guess being wrong, so I'm going to laugh at several people here.

Firstly, on the poll, LBP recieved the most responses as to what game will sell the most. Ahead of Gears of war 2 and even more amusingly, ahead of Animal Crossing. I laughed at you then, I laugh at you now.

moving on to Captain Amazing...
Oh boy, probably not the most gracious entrance to the site (though far from the worst, stay around long enough and you'll see some shockers)

Now, don't you think it's a Little Bit Early to be forecasting doom and gloom?
You are aware, I hope, that the release date of this game was pushed back by a week?

However, some stores in America broke the street date, so the 164, 434 sales it has in America were all sold before the release date. Lets call these LBP's Week 0 sales. American software for this week (LBP's week 1 sales) should be up in the next 12 hours or so.

We are also yet to see any sales from Europe, where I believe the game is to be heavily bundled.

Anyway, welcome to the site

I told you second week was going to be higher than first week in America.

So, which will have bigger legs, LBP or Chun Li in SFIV?

People who expected a game like LBP to sell millions are obviously newbies to this industry. Unique games like that rarely if ever even get close to a million.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Around the Network

http://vgchartz.com/poll/results.php

I think given that in the poll LBP was ranked above gears2 and fable2 for lifetime sales i think lpb was over promised in terms of sales

aslo wii music is supposed to out sell gears2 and fable2 so we will see how that pans out too

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

The launch was/has been too screwed up to take first week sales literally. Some areas still haven't recieved the game so I expect strong sales into the holidays

I think you will find it was crazzyman plus quite a few more predicting HUGE sales of LBP.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

a little(?) high???? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too high

In 8 out of 10 posts - and I Quote  "LBP will be Huge"  enough said....

You want links, use search.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o