By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP Sales Expectations (A little high, eh?)

@Leo-J

What's your non sense about you talking about 1 "full" week of sales? Week 1 has always been the week in which a game is released of most of the time nevers covers a full week.

And then you go off the edge with your 1 miilion by the end of October, hoping for 500k in others, when the game only came out on the 5th of November (at least where I live, ie Belgium and Luxembourg).

OT: i got caught it the hype on this game and thought it could do someting for the PS3. Now, I bought it and played it and don't think it'll do anything. To be honest, I don't like it... But that could be just me.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Around the Network
senortaco said:

But one thing I want to point out is this "Week 0" bullshit. On a financial report it won't show "Week 0". For the life of me other then to make yourself feel good about Sony's poor Q&A on a title that they needed to be perfect on, it's pointless. Sales are sales and it will be record as WEEK 1 OFFICIALLY.

You realize financial reports are just going to list how much it sold that quarter.  Even so, the problem stems from retailers releasing it early.  That means the copies would have already been shipped, and that is the number that actually means something on Sony's financial report.

lazyrider said:
@Leo-J

What's your non sense about you talking about 1 "full" week of sales? Week 1 has always been the week in which a game is released of most of the time nevers covers a full week.

And then you go off the edge with your 1 miilion by the end of October, hoping for 500k in others, when the game only came out on the 5th of November (at least where I live, ie Belgium and Luxembourg).

OT: i got caught it the hype on this game and thought it could do someting for the PS3. Now, I bought it and played it and don't think it'll do anything. To be honest, I don't like it... But that could be just me.

For the people questioning Leo-J sayig "1 million before the end of october" I'm hoping he meant before the delays. Wasn't LBP suppose to release like the 28th originally?

^ LittleBigPlanet's original release date was October 21st.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Yakuzaice said:
senortaco said:

But one thing I want to point out is this "Week 0" bullshit. On a financial report it won't show "Week 0". For the life of me other then to make yourself feel good about Sony's poor Q&A on a title that they needed to be perfect on, it's pointless. Sales are sales and it will be record as WEEK 1 OFFICIALLY.

You realize financial reports are just going to list how much it sold that quarter.  Even so, the problem stems from retailers releasing it early.  That means the copies would have already been shipped, and that is the number that actually means something on Sony's financial report.

lol, Yes thats why I said it would be record as week 1 cause it would show up as sales anyway =p. I wasn't really referring to sold to retailer, I apologize should have been more specific. I meant on any tracking site the sales will not be recorded as "Week 0".

Question...What do you think about my view on LBP sales? I really think people are thinking in a box, instead of looking at LBP as they would a Wii game.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

For a game like LBP, legs will be critical. We won't get a good idea of how it will sell lifetime until a month or so into 2009.

I'll be very surprised if it doesn't sell 2m worldwide *this* year - but if lifetime ends up under 3m, I think Sony will be very disappointed (considering its a "big" Xmas release).

Its also the sort of game that is hard to make a sequel for - as it (in theory) includes an indefinite amount of content (online). They could release level packs though, until the cows come home...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

5 million? Haven't heard anything like that since Wii fit will out sell the PS3.

I don't know about the week 0 concept, but according to ioi LBP did 236k in it's second week of sales. That's a 72k increase in sales from Week 1 to Week 2. Now that is amazing.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
I don't know about the week 0 concept, but according to ioi LBP did 236k in it's second week of sales. That's a 72k increase in sales from Week 1 to Week 2. Now that is amazing.

Link please?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
dbot said:

Link please?

Slightly less than 400K by end of week 2.