By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Second Annual *H.Y.P.E.* Thread

need to keep this thread book marked, i expect the 360 to outperform last year, and i dont know about the yet ps3, i expect the wii to outperform barring some sort of shipping production catastrophe

the main reason i dont know about the ps3 has to do with lack of price drop. its price drop last year came at such a crucial time, that it saved its holiday and pushed beyond the 360

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Very interesting. I will be keeping an eye on this.

Very good thread, will be very interestinmg to check regularly. Am all excited as this is my 1st holiday season following slaes numbers!

Wasn't 360's weekly sales adjusted up by 10k last week up to 208k (your week 1 in the tables above)?

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Great thread, the 360 has had a great year.

People like to tout the PS3 got to such and such a mark faster than the 360 ... but I think thats due to market growth .. which has helped the 360 as well .. as visable from your charts :P

lazyrider said:
Very good thread, will be very interestinmg to check regularly. Am all excited as this is my 1st holiday season following slaes numbers!

Wasn't 360's weekly sales adjusted up by 10k last week up to 208k (your week 1 in the tables above)?

No worries, all adjustments will be reflected in past data when I update each week.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

^^^ You the man, thanks.

From the looks of things, this holiday season will be HUGE (not LBP huge, I mean really huge. Ok, that was a jab at LBP, I apologize). What holiday season could this compare with from the previous generation? Chritsmas 03, 04?

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

The info made available by this thread is very clear and well done. I look forward to seing how sales match up Y.O.Y in the next several weeks winding down the year.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Great stuff here Mr. Sqrl, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this.

Seems Wii and 360 are pretty much set to break their 2007 week 2 goal. We'll see if PS3 can muster up the necessary sales to push past that 229,000 mark.

I know the Wii will pass Week 2 this year compared to 2007. It has already sold 200k in others. All it needs is 60k in Americas and the guaranteed 20k in Japan. Easy as Sunday Morning.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

PS3 should get a bump from the 160gig/Uncharted bundles.

"This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away."

Tycho Brahe