By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does Anyone Actually expect the PS3 to Outsell 360 this Xmas?

Magnific0 said:
goddog: oh, no. IF the PS3 had a $50 price cut this year, that would be a desperation move, a fire sale as I put it. But from launch to dec 07? they effectively cut the price $100, but it was not the same product (features) 'cause the new 80GB was not full BC as the $600 60GB, and the new 40GB introduced october 07 at $400 you know all it lacks , so don't play dumb dude.

i think cutting features out to meet cost cuts is desperate. its not dumb on my part your delusional if you cant see how bad that first year was for sony, and given the state of the world economy especially the yen staying up, despite my belief that the ps3 would have a march cut (which i have posted many times) i now feel that if this quarter does not turn a profit you will not see a ps3 price cut until after the next 360 pricecut, which as i said should happen next october. now this offers a two fold advatage for sony as a company, despite being forced into a cut in that senerio they can play it off like they planned it since they had not made a cut in over a year, it also makes the 360 look bad with 2 cuts, and should lead to the ps3 selling more than the 360 and blunting next years price cut and halo recon launch. it would have allowed all the sales at the current price to be tapped out and the pent up demand should spark holliday style weeks. though thats only if sony waits if they do it in march, its just a planed cut with a decent boost, hence my moving it back. where it would look better to share holders, and help the bottom line more

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

@JGarret

By your logic there shouldn't be price cuts then, since they've been selling very well and continue to have strong support regardless. Evidently, sales (hardware sales) were not enough.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Ronster

Define best line-up of games for us please? And also, name the “better than PS3's line-up” of games you are talking about...this should be interesting. And please don't say “more games = better games” because that's just not true.

I made a list of games that for me personally are better than sonys line up , i'm not going to mention them all again , It's only in my opinion that microsofts 2009 line up is just as good if not better. Peoples opinions are all different.

I also think that Alan wake is going to eclipse the game you keep championing.......... Heavy rain. But again thats just an opinion.

Ronster316 said:
SMcc1887 said:
With the 360's price advantage I honestly can't see the PS3 staying near the 360. If however I am proved wrong and the PS3 does manage to Outsell 360 by any margin, I believe that will be the end of the 360. I say this because the 360 won't get a price cut in the next couple of years, and the PS3 will in 09. Also PS3's lineup in 2009 is outstanding, and the lineup should include the major system seller which is Gran Turismo 5. Any Thoughts? Does Anyone expect PS3 to Outsell 360 this Christmas?

Both will sell well, But Price and games like Fable 2, Gears 2, Left 4 Dead plus the family friendly bundles that microsoft are releasing mean i only see one outcome this xmas.............. A 360 sales victory.

End of the 360? Not a chance................. Sony has met its match financially.............. Sony play dirty, Microsoft play dirtier.

And apart from God of war 3 (maybe in 2009 but i doubt it) and Gran turismo, What potential console selling games do Sony have left?

Sure, Sony may still have a price cut up thier sleeve for next year but microsoft could let sony sales pick up and if sony starts to catch up they will just drop the price again, Microsoft themselves have stated that they know when they are gonna drop the price of the 60GB 360 to that "Sweetspot" price of $199

The 360 also has some Great games coming out in 2009 and due to some been delayed or some taking longer to develop than first thought (I'm talking about you Alan wake and Splinter cell: conviction) i would say that the 360's line up is easily as strong as sonys

Heres some examples off the top of my head (Cant't be assed looking at next years full list)

Alan wake
Halo wars
Splinter cell: Conviction
Huxley
Forza 3
Halo 3 recon
APB (All Points Bulliten, From the creators of Crackdown)

Plus after what happened this year theres every chance that Microsoft could strike again and take away even more once semi exclusive sony games

And lets not mention FF XIII and Tekken huh..................  oops, sorry , i just did

Infamous, MAG(256 plyr online), Demon Souls, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2(graphics are unreal), God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, A team ICO game, Ratchet and Clank 2, Uncharted 2......................and more.

This list is better than yours

CGI-Quality said:
@ Ronster

Alan Wake is gonna “eclipse” Heavy Rain in what way? And since Alan Wake has not been shown in it's console form, I don't get your point. Heavy Rain was ALL REAL TIME, ALL PS3. So please, do tell...

Here we go again, Graphics don't mean nothing to me, I'm going purely on both companys past work, Quantic Dreams did Fahrenheit and Remedy did the awesome Max Payne......... All i'm going to say is i know whos corner i personally would prefer to be in................. And it aint Quantics.

Around the Network
SMcc1887 said:
Ronster316 said:
SMcc1887 said:
With the 360's price advantage I honestly can't see the PS3 staying near the 360. If however I am proved wrong and the PS3 does manage to Outsell 360 by any margin, I believe that will be the end of the 360. I say this because the 360 won't get a price cut in the next couple of years, and the PS3 will in 09. Also PS3's lineup in 2009 is outstanding, and the lineup should include the major system seller which is Gran Turismo 5. Any Thoughts? Does Anyone expect PS3 to Outsell 360 this Christmas?

Both will sell well, But Price and games like Fable 2, Gears 2, Left 4 Dead plus the family friendly bundles that microsoft are releasing mean i only see one outcome this xmas.............. A 360 sales victory.

End of the 360? Not a chance................. Sony has met its match financially.............. Sony play dirty, Microsoft play dirtier.

And apart from God of war 3 (maybe in 2009 but i doubt it) and Gran turismo, What potential console selling games do Sony have left?

Sure, Sony may still have a price cut up thier sleeve for next year but microsoft could let sony sales pick up and if sony starts to catch up they will just drop the price again, Microsoft themselves have stated that they know when they are gonna drop the price of the 60GB 360 to that "Sweetspot" price of $199

The 360 also has some Great games coming out in 2009 and due to some been delayed or some taking longer to develop than first thought (I'm talking about you Alan wake and Splinter cell: conviction) i would say that the 360's line up is easily as strong as sonys

Heres some examples off the top of my head (Cant't be assed looking at next years full list)

Alan wake
Halo wars
Huxley
Forza 3
Halo 3 recon

Plus after what happened this year theres every chance that Microsoft could strike again and take away even more once semi exclusive sony games

And lets not mention FF XIII and Tekken huh..................  oops, sorry , i just did

Infamous, MAG(256 plyr online), Demon Souls, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2(graphics are unreal), God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, A team ICO game, Ratchet and Clank 2, Uncharted 2......................and more.

When was uncharted 2 announced? In that case i will add Halo 4 , Forza 4 (Because 3 is already in development) and Gears of war 3............ As i said before, Its in my OPINION that microsofts line is is just as good if not better.

And i didn't mention Ninja blade, Dead island, The precursors or Velvet assassin, But again im just going based on the games that i personally think make the 360's line up better.

Ronster316 said:
SMcc1887 said:
Ronster316 said:
SMcc1887 said:

Alan wake
Halo wars
Huxley
Forza 3
Halo 3 recon

When was uncharted 2 announced? In that case i will add Halo 4 , Forza 4 (Because 3 is already in development) and Gears of war 3............ As i said before, Its in my OPINION that microsofts line is is just as good if not better.

And i didn't mention Ninja blade, Dead island, The precursors or Velvet assassin, But again im just going based on the games that i personally think make the 360's line up better.

Uncharted 2 has been anounced, So Halo 4?? WTF.

Also Heavy Rain and Alan Wake both have tremedous Graphics, but Killzone 2 is in another league

@ ronster, in various places it has basically been confirmed, though it hasn't officially yet

SMcc1887 said:
Ronster316 said:
SMcc1887 said:
Ronster316 said:
SMcc1887 said:

Alan wake
Halo wars
Huxley
Forza 3
Halo 3 recon

Uncharted 2 has been anounced, So Halo 4?? WTF.

Also Heavy Rain and Alan Wake both have tremedous Graphics, but Killzone 2 is in another league

You like the look of the ps3's line up and i like the look of the 360's line up........... Theres nothing more to add really is there, I'm sure your going to enjoy sony's 2009 games just as i am going to enjoy microsoft's 2009 games.

if ps3 sells enough YES,, 25december will be the release of white knight chronicles in japan and i predict massie sales, even more then mgs4 also ps3 will rule in others because. resistance2 is comming out 28 november and gears of war 2 in 7 nov see when everybody played gow2 r2 is out.... soo it would make for a hell of a sale..
NA will be x360

of course with de wii will outsell alll.... but the wii is not realy a real gaming machine. its more and casual wii fit thingie that even old people like.