By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does Anyone Actually expect the PS3 to Outsell 360 this Xmas?

With the 360's price advantage I honestly can't see the PS3 staying near the 360. If however I am proved wrong and the PS3 does manage to Outsell 360 by any margin, I believe that will be the end of the 360. I say this because the 360 won't get a price cut in the next couple of years, and the PS3 will in 09. Also PS3's lineup in 2009 is outstanding, and the lineup should include the major system seller which is Gran Turismo 5. Any Thoughts? Does Anyone expect PS3 to Outsell 360 this Christmas?

Around the Network

They'll be pretty equal. 360 takes NA, PS3 takes others.

Why does everyone talk about the console wars as if the "loser" suddenly disappears forever?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. If PS3 got a price cut now(which they wont , March 09 ), they would definetly outsell 360

I think the PS3 can still do it, even with the price cut, PS3 is still beating the 360 in others, that is a good sign

Around the Network

i personally think ps3 will most likely sell better in others, x360 probably in usa, the only question is what happens in japan and who wins by higher margins to cliam the overall win.

bobobologna said:
Why does everyone talk about the console wars as if the "loser" suddenly disappears forever?

It won't Suddenly disappear. I'm just saying the future dosen't look bright for a £130 console if it gets beat by a £299 console.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Xen and blazing

You guys must share my brain cause as usual, I agree :D

I think overall, all biassed aside, the PS3 should outsell the X360 this holiday season. However, nothing compares to the domination the Wii will have... as usual... even more importantly, I predict over 30+ million computers sold worldwide this holiday season alone :)

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

It will be pretty close for both. Whoever has the next price-drop before Christmas wins this holiday.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)