By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does Anyone Actually expect the PS3 to Outsell 360 this Xmas?

Whatever happens this xmas won't be the ruler for '09.

Around the Network

@kingofwale, im liking the sig

PS3 2009 lineup does look better than 360 at the present moment but of course we dont know all the games that will be releasing

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Best bet for the PS3 is the 'Others' area. However it will most probably still smashed by the Wii in that area anyways...

Good to see this site is still going 

PS3 is comparitively expensive in Others and there is a perception that there will be a price cut shortly after Xmas here in the UK.

This perception, true or not, may well be self fulfiling as many people will be putting off purchasing the PS3 until the price drops which in turn will lead to lacklustre sales and force Sony to (you guessed it) drop the price.

I think the PS2, Wii and to a lesser extent the Xbox 360 will sell very well.

Around the Network

Worldwide, right? Yes, it has a chance. Should be very close either way.

CGI-Quality said:

@ Kingofwale

I like your sig as well.

lol. I do too, people, I would do one from the third console fans... but JL already got that covered by predicting 500 million Wii LT sales. :(

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

If Microsoft can't beat a £300 console with a £130 one then there is something seriously wrong with either them or their console. I think it is a combination of both.

Most people last year were surprised, even shocked that the PS3 was beating the 360. With the difference in weekly sales as small as it is now, will anyone be surprised when the PS3 beats the 360 this holiday season as well?

SMcc1887 said:
bobobologna said:
Why does everyone talk about the console wars as if the "loser" suddenly disappears forever?

It won't Suddenly disappear. I'm just saying the future dosen't look bright for a £130 console if it gets beat by a £299 console.

Why do Sony supporters always state that the 360 is £130?  The arcade isn't even the most popular model.  

The arcade is £129.99

The pro is £169.99

The elite is £229.99