By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does Anyone Actually expect the PS3 to Outsell 360 this Xmas?

Snaaaaaake said:
Krill said:
SMcc1887 said:
bobobologna said:
Why does everyone talk about the console wars as if the "loser " suddenly disappears forever?

It won't Suddenly disappear. I'm just saying the future dosen't look bright for a £130 console if it gets beat by a £299 console.

Why do Sony supporters always state that the 360 is £130?  The arcade isn't even the most popular model.  

The arcade is £129.99

The pro is £169.99

The elite is £229.99

Because that's the pricetag Microsoft slaps on its adverts and that is the price the majority of the public are seeing.

Face the facts, the 360 is selling horribly for its price.

I think Microsoft actually states the 360 now starts at £129.99 in the UK in their advertising.  Sony fans only quote that figure because they want to show a biased argument for the price differential.  I could just as legitimately say that the XBox is £230 (if I was a fanboy).

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

Alan wake
Halo wars
Splinter cell: Conviction
Huxley
Forza 3
Halo 3 recon
APB (All Points Bulliten, From the creators of Crackdown)

So that's the Xbox's line-up, here's the PS3's

inFamous
Gran Turisom 5
Heavy Rain
God of War 3
Uncharted 2
Ratchet and Clank 2009
White Knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII (Japan only)
Killzone 2
MAG

and sony say they have some things up their sleeves....

I won't deny that Sony has an "outstanding" line up, I'm Just saying that due to delays to certain games i also consider the 360's line up to be "outstanding"

goddog said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Most people last year were surprised, even shocked that the PS3 was beating the 360. With the difference in weekly sales as small as it is now, will anyone be surprised when the PS3 beats the 360 this holiday season as well?

we were surprised after the ps3 had 2 price cuts last year? i think not.

oh people were....as it was Halo year & PS3 still despite price cuts was higher than 360 in cost

o

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ymeaga1n said:
Snaaaaaake said:
Krill said:
SMcc1887 said:
bobobologna said:
Why does everyone talk about the console wars as if the "loser" suddenly disappears forever?

It won't Suddenly disappear. I'm just saying the future dosen't look bright for a £130 console if it gets beat by a £299 console.

Why do Sony supporters always state that the 360 is £130?  The arcade isn't even the most popular model.  

The arcade is £129.99

The pro is £169.99

The elite is £229.99

Because that's the pricetag Microsoft slaps on its adverts and that is the price the majority of the public are seeing.

The facts? What facts? Oh you mean your OPINION that 360 is selling horribly for its price?

Facts are right there in the numbers. Being outsold by a console more than twice the price. I'd call that pretty pathetic.

Worldwide the 360 will sell more this xmas. PS3 will probably take others but not by much. The gap in America will be greater though.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Munkeh111 said:

Alan wake
Halo wars
Huxley
Forza 3
Halo 3 recon

inFamous
Gran Turisom 5
Heavy Rain
God of War 3
Uncharted 2
Ratchet and Clank 2009
White Knight Chronicles
Killzone 2
MAG

No idea why 360 owners want to compare "Game selections" at this point of console life. That was so half year ago. To say 360 has better games in 09 just doesn't stand true anymore.

do we actually know what games will be out in 09, your argument is one ive seen rehashed every few months since ive been reading this board, and i was doing that long before i became a member over a year ago. for all we know the wii or dsi, or hell even a psp2 (better put a second nub on the fucker..... they could just do that with current hardware and id buy it) could come out with the best games next year

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I stand by this unrefutable truth:

Microsoft already made their huge move (under $200 X360), and they WON'T have (read CAN'T without mutilating their Games's Division) a price cut in ANY territory until very likely 2010. If during the next 12 months they drop the price of any of their SKUs by as little as $50 it'll be undoubtedly a fire sale, 'cause no one, NONE, would reduce the price of a product as such an alarming fast rate it it wasn't deep in trouble.

However, Sony still has a price-cut move left and I believe they're saving it for next-year when Microsoft won't be able to do nothing of the kind to counter it. MS is definitely expecting to bank hard on this Christmas, specially with Gears of War 2 gracing their holiday lineup. Gears 2 + low hardware price = winning combo, no? We will see January 1st if Microsoft won convincingly this X-mas or if on the contrary, their calculations will cost them an early exit from this generation war.

Ronster316 said:
Munkeh111 said:

Alan wake
Halo wars
Huxley
Forza 3
Halo 3 recon

inFamous
Gran Turisom 5
Heavy Rain
God of War 3
Uncharted 2
Ratchet and Clank 2009
White Knight Chronicles
Killzone 2
MAG

I won't deny that Sony has an "outstanding" line up, I'm Just saying that due to delays to certain games i also consider the 360's line up to be "outstanding"

Well if you labelling them both outstanding, I would say that you are basically saying they are equivalent, which they are not. I don't think I am going to buy any games for Xbox from that list, though I will buy Mass Effect 2 and probably Dragon Age Origins, the former may be a timed exclusive, and also Star Ocean 4, likely another timed exclusive

Also, I hope I answered your question about further hardware moving games

Snaaaaaake said:
ymeaga1n said:
Snaaaaaake said:
Krill said:
SMcc1887 said:
bobobologna said:
Why does everyone talk about the console wars as if the "loser" suddenly disappears forever?

The arcade is £129.99

The pro is £169.99

The elite is £229.99

The facts? What facts? Oh you mean your OPINION that 360 is selling horribly for its price?

Facts are right there in the numbers. Being outsold by a console more than twice the price. I'd call that pretty pathetic.

Currently, the 360 isn't being outsold by the PS3.  The PS3 isn't more than twice the price of the pro or elite models of the 360. In terms of sales figures, the PS3 is the same amount behind the 360 as when it launched.  

I won't ask where you pulled your facts out of.

Magnific0 said:

I stand by this unrefutable truth:

Microsoft already made their huge move (under $200 X360), and they WON'T have (read CAN'T without mutilating their Games's Division) a price cut in ANY territory until very likely 2010. If during the next 12 months they drop the price of any of their SKUs by as little as $50 it'll be undoubtedly a fire sale, 'cause no one, NONE, would reduce the price of a product as such an alarming fast rate it it wasn't deep in trouble.

However, Sony still has a price-cut move left and I believe they're saving it for next-year when Microsoft won't be able to do nothing of the kind to counter it. MS is definitely expecting to bank hard on this Christmas, specially with Gears of War 2 gracing their holiday lineup. Gears 2 + low hardware price = winning combo, no? We will see January 1st if Microsoft won convincingly this X-mas or if on the contrary, their calculations will cost them an early exit from this generation war.

if they fallow traditional plan like they have been there will be another price drop in 09 in october, though i see this most likely as elimination of the arcade and the pro taking its place there with elite taking pros place both with larger hds, its the most locgical cut and keeps sales up though they may just cut 50 bucks next oct to keep the retarded 3 tier stratagy .

its not a fire sale but a planned drop if you want a fire sale, look at the ps3 from launch to dec 07

further they would only leave this gen early if the sales of software were bad, which they have not been thats where the money is, it would be foolish very foolish to abandon that money train

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog