By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does Anyone Actually expect the PS3 to Outsell 360 this Xmas?

Hwang Lang Lee? Where the hell did that L come from? oops, Grandmaster Hwang Jang Lee to give this legend his full title

Around the Network

360 will probaly outsell ps3 but i think it will be close, but i dont think Microsoft will be happy if 360 dosent manage to outsell ps3.

CGI-Quality said:
^ Ok that last post I respect, fair enough, argument = a thing of the past :)

It's my undying love for Sega that made me this way lol , But were all gamers at the end of the day and only a FOOL would miss out on the great games coming to both these HD consoles.

I think 360 is beating ps3 in Europe already.

Why you may ask.

Well if you disregard this sites numbers and look at it another way you get this.

All the countries that publish official data have 360 outselling ps3.

Remember that includes Japan Sony's back yard.

UK Japan Australia USA, all show 360 ahead.

So why then would other Europeans think differently and not buy it.

Price is the key thing that's pulling people to 360.

scottie said:
I think the PS3 will outsell the 360 this Christmas, but only be a token amount.

I agree completely with this comment. The 360 price means it cant be ignored, whereas the PS3 game line up means it cant be ignored either....it will be a PS3 victory, but only by a small amount

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

One of the biggest advantage PS3 has for future sales is that still most potential buyers are waiting for a price cut and more big games, while most die hard XB360 fans already got one at the very latest as soon as Halo 3 was released. Is XB360 approaching saturation? Maybe MS snappy, but shorter sighted policy payed more in the immediate, while Sony longer sighted one is poised to start paying much more in the long run.
Anyhow I'd bet this gen MS will manage to sell at least 45million consoles, so, accounting also for SW royalties, it will repay initial investments, RRoD losses and make even a decent profit. We won't lose competitors and that's good.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

no
it would be nice if the 360 outsold the ps3 by 100000

List wars... :/

Tease.

Better holiday season games on the PS3 than on the 360 should bring better holiday sales for the PS3 than the 360.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

PS3 will easily outsell the x360 in terms of WW sales

thats just easy

price doesnt matter cuz anyone who wants an x360 has already got one

PS2 owners wont be buying x360 over ps3