By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does Anyone Actually expect the PS3 to Outsell 360 this Xmas?

Paul_Warren said:
Better holiday season games on the PS3 than on the 360 should bring better holiday sales for the PS3 than the 360.

double QFT

Around the Network

Little Big Planet = 9.5, Resistance 2 = 9.5, Valkyria Chronicle = 9.0.
Fable 2 = 8.8, Gears 2 = ?, Banjo III = ?

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

its basically america vs the rest of the world. we will have to see how the consoles do in america leading up to chirstmas. ps3 will take europe and japan for sure.

Okay, outsell.. meaning, have more worldwide consoles then 360 THIS holiday season? Then no, BUT.. I think it will outsell it weekly during the holiday season, this holiday PS3 attacks 360, then 2009 PS3 finishes it off :)

Just my opinion.

reask said:
I think 360 is beating ps3 in Europe already.

Why you may ask.

Well if you disregard this sites numbers and look at it another way you get this.

All the countries that publish official data have 360 outselling ps3.

Remember that includes Japan Sony's back yard.

UK Japan Australia USA, all show 360 ahead.

So why then would other Europeans think differently and not buy it.

Price is the key thing that's pulling people to 360.

A. Those countries (besides japan) have always favored the 360. It is always in front when the country releases their numbers... The ps3 still beats 360 in Europe all the time.

B. If you look at official company financials you will see ioi was pretty accurate with his estimates... so if he was correct then... why would it change now?

Around the Network

The MS fanboys said PS3 was dead, but PS3 said "I'll be back". And it has come back with the best gaming lineup of all time. TTYL RROD:

xbox wins all three territories, yup, including japan. Xmas sales aren't about 'games of 2009' they are about games of 'xmas morning'. For three years all we have heard is that the PS3 has a strong lineup 'next year'.  Next year is on year too late.

Xbox doubles PS3 in USA, is 10% higher in Europe and 25% higher in japan the PS3.

PS3 price cuts in 2009 will be good for collectors, but the war will be over. Wii for the kiddies, Xbox360 for everyone else.

Trying to convince me the Wii is a real adult game machine 'if you play it right' is like trying to convince me Tofu tastes great 'if you just cook it right'

Magnific0 said:

I stand by this unrefutable truth:

Microsoft already made their huge move (under $200 X360), and they WON'T have (read CAN'T without mutilating their Games's Division) a price cut in ANY territory until very likely 2010. If during the next 12 months they drop the price of any of their SKUs by as little as $50 it'll be undoubtedly a fire sale, 'cause no one, NONE, would reduce the price of a product as such an alarming fast rate it it wasn't deep in trouble.

However, Sony still has a price-cut move left and I believe they're saving it for next-year when Microsoft won't be able to do nothing of the kind to counter it. MS is definitely expecting to bank hard on this Christmas, specially with Gears of War 2 gracing their holiday lineup. Gears 2 + low hardware price = winning combo, no? We will see January 1st if Microsoft won convincingly this X-mas or if on the contrary, their calculations will cost them an early exit from this generation war.

Your unrefutable truth is supremely refutable.

Microsoft's game division made a substantial sum of money last quarter, whereas the PS3 lost a TRUCKLOAD.

Even with all the cuts they have already made, Microsoft is in a better position to cut prices AGAIN than Sony is right now.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

honestly, I'm thinking the PS3 > 360 this holiday worldwide. Not in America but in the EU and Japan.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453