By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does Anyone Actually expect the PS3 to Outsell 360 this Xmas?

Can Other make up for what will likely be a crushing defeat in the US?

Around the Network

waht does it matter the wii wins in the end but the 360 should beat sony I bet here in the us there going to be ps3 on the shelves in mid December which is good cause i might buy one

Who cares, by the time the ps3 outsells the 360 it'll be too late into the gen to matter. The ps3 outselling the 360 wont give the ps3 owners better games this gen as pretty much all hd games will be multi-platform.

MontanaHatchet said:
Most people last year were surprised, even shocked that the PS3 was beating the 360. With the difference in weekly sales as small as it is now, will anyone be surprised when the PS3 beats the 360 this holiday season as well?

So full of sense.

PS3 will beat 360 this holiday too, off the back of strong EU sales.

DMeisterJ said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Most people last year were surprised, even shocked that the PS3 was beating the 360. With the difference in weekly sales as small as it is now, will anyone be surprised when the PS3 beats the 360 this holiday season as well?

So full of sense.

Do you really think the diffrence in EU will make up for the US?  Being realistic it's a long shot that PS3 will beat the 360 this holiday season.

Around the Network

It could go either way I think, PS3 has more demand but 360 is cheaper; but, I think it is very unlikely that the 360 won't recieve some sort of price cut next year, so I don't see it being "finished" if it gets outsold.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Cueil said:
DMeisterJ said:
MontanaHatchet said:

So full of sense.

Do you really think the diffrence in EU will make up for the US?  Being realistic it's a long shot that PS3 will beat the 360 this holiday season.

Well it did last year.

starcraft said:
Magnific0 said:

I stand by this unrefutable truth:

Microsoft already made their huge move (under $200 X360), and they WON'T have (read CAN'T without mutilating their Games's Division) a price cut in ANY territory until very likely 2010. If during the next 12 months they drop the price of any of their SKUs by as little as $50 it'll be undoubtedly a fire sale, 'cause no one, NONE, would reduce the price of a product as such an alarming fast rate it it wasn't deep in trouble.

However, Sony still has a price-cut move left and I believe they're saving it for next-year when Microsoft won't be able to do nothing of the kind to counter it. MS is definitely expecting to bank hard on this Christmas, specially with Gears of War 2 gracing their holiday lineup. Gears 2 + low hardware price = winning combo, no? We will see January 1st if Microsoft won convincingly this X-mas or if on the contrary, their calculations will cost them an early exit from this generation war.

Your unrefutable truth is supremely refutable.

Microsoft's game division made a substantial sum of money last quarter, whereas the PS3 lost a TRUCKLOAD.

Even with all the cuts they have already made, Microsoft is in a better position to cut prices AGAIN than Sony is right now.

True, but it's hard to draw any clear conclusions from how much money the 360 really made, seeing that it's all lumped into the EDD, who knows what the 360 really did.  Well, MS does, but we don't know.

The 360 should win chirstmas due to the lower price point, but it should be close, I agree ps3 has a price cut that will boost sales next year but the question is, is it too little to late

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
Magnific0 said:

I stand by this unrefutable truth:

Microsoft already made their huge move (under $200 X360), and they WON'T have (read CAN'T without mutilating their Games's Division) a price cut in ANY territory until very likely 2010. If during the next 12 months they drop the price of any of their SKUs by as little as $50 it'll be undoubtedly a fire sale, 'cause no one, NONE, would reduce the price of a product as such an alarming fast rate it it wasn't deep in trouble.

However, Sony still has a price-cut move left and I believe they're saving it for next-year when Microsoft won't be able to do nothing of the kind to counter it. MS is definitely expecting to bank hard on this Christmas, specially with Gears of War 2 gracing their holiday lineup. Gears 2 + low hardware price = winning combo, no? We will see January 1st if Microsoft won convincingly this X-mas or if on the contrary, their calculations will cost them an early exit from this generation war.

Your unrefutable truth is supremely refutable.

Microsoft's game division made a substantial sum of money last quarter, whereas the PS3 lost a TRUCKLOAD.

Even with all the cuts they have already made, Microsoft is in a better position to cut prices AGAIN than Sony is right now.

True, but it's hard to draw any clear conclusions from how much money the 360 really made, seeing that it's all lumped into the EDD, who knows what the 360 really did.  Well, MS does, but we don't know.

I think general consensus has always been that the Xbox 360 division make up the overwhelming majority of profit from EED.  Doesn't the Zune lose Microsoft money?

In Sony's case however, it is the opposite.  We KNOW the PS2 and PSP are cash cows, and yet the PS3 eats into ALL their profit AND still causes several hundred million dollar loses.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS