By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's first (and second) party developers are finally hitting their stride

libellule said:
wardevil is not multiplateform ?

The 360 version was dropped shortly after announcement.  Wardevil is supposed to be half a movie and half a game, or something like that, all running in full 1080p, so the devs went ps3 exclusive, citing Blu-Ray as the reason.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I want Jak 4 before Uncharted 2 >_>

And no more R&C games please. Atleast not yet.
ToD was good, but there's been what, 7 game in the series since 2001? I've had enough of them.

Yes to the Jak and Uncharted thing.

I don't mind the Ratchet Series much at all though, it's been some great fun.

4 ≈ One

well it was just a matter of time

does anyone still believe that SONY wont win the console war??

PS3 will win console war based on just european sales

@Iwhatee

SONY can't win

but they can give their PS3 owners brilliant games hence making PS3 owners winners...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Iwhatee

SONY can't win

but they can give their PS3 owners brilliant games hence making PS3 owners winners...

Am 100% for this statement.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Ps3 has really grown over the years with better and more games each year.

Lol Trico.

Yeah, it's looking like the PS3 has the best lineup for 2009!
Finally, God of War 3...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG... *Below 1st 2nd AND 3rd party exclusives for PS3 in 09 Note: Some possblely not but most are lulz!*

-Killzone 2 *Drool*
-Infamous (Little iffy bout this was but looks solid.)
-White Knight Chronicals (Best JRPG of 09)
-M.assive A.ction G.ame (Erm...Uhm Gee.)
-Heavy Rain (Look at all the pretty colors...)
-Final Fantasy XIII (Exclusive in Japan so lol! it still counts!)
-Ratchet and Clank 2 (Always good to have one O' These out for the lulz.)
-Naughty Dog Project (Uhg i want BOTH Uncharted 2/ Jak something!)
-Gran Turismo 5 (OMG..........TEH EPICZ)
-God of War III (Oh hell yeah 1080p throwin down, chaos, bewbs, and GAWD SLAYING ALL IN HD!!! mmm... tasty.)
-Team Ico Game (Reeks of Pure Epicness)
-Demons Soul (Uhm...An extra exclusive for the hell of it?...)
-Quantum Thoery (GEARS OF WAR PLAYSTATION STYLE BABY!)
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII (This is just a wish... Exclusive W-W btw... *cough*Tetsuya Nomura*cough* )
-SotC II (Perhaps?)
-Dark Cloud III (A 2010 Annoucement perhaps?)
-Tales PS3 (By then i think bamcai might consider it.)
-Chaos Legion II (Hard to find rumours point to CL II Being Published by sony but being made by Square)
-Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII HD Remake (Based on recent Rumours, this or holy hell a FFVII Remake which i doubt but meh.)

OMG 09 is gonna own 08 in multiple ways for the PS3 as good as 08 already is!

It will be very nice.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

makingmusic476 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

Killzone 2 - you lucky bastard, I wish I was in the Beta, I'm not hyped about it because I haven't played, but the R2 beta is really fun and I wish we weren't in a recession so I could buy the game lol. Killzone 2 buy date depending on review and impressions.

WKC - Sounds about right timeframe, I'm hopeful but also being weary about it. Day depending on reviews and impressions.

Infamous - Do want, and Sony, buy Sucker Punch already you asses. Day 1.

God of War III - FUCK YEAH. Day - 100.

Ratchet 2 - Want it, but also wishing Insomniac would give me trophies for FTOD, c'mon guys (please?). Day whenever I have extra cash laying around.

Uncharted 2 - Fuck Yeah. Add MP online, day 1, without MP online, day whenever I have extra cash laying around.

Heavy Rain - see WKC.

MAG - is a definite 2009 release from what I hear, hopefully it'll live up to the hype, I'm excited about it after I talked to one of the developer and he spilled some beans on it. In Zipper I trust. Day 1.

Demon's Soul - The video was underwhelming, I think this is gonna suck, hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

DC Universe Online - SOE is under new management and under SCE now, hopefully that means better quality games. Day depending on reviews and impressions as well as whether or not it'll be free to play.

TRICO - HELL MOTHERFUCKING YEAH. Day - 1000.

GT5 - HELL MOTHERFUCKING SHIT FUCKING YEAH FUCK YEAH. Day - 100000

In all seriousness, as long as they give me GT5 with (realistic) dynamic weather and damage (and hopefully you'll have to use your credits to fix your car damages) and with Porsches (confirmed), Lambos and Buggattis as well as every other car and track out there, then Sony is well in my book. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Also I'm sure there are a couple of more 1st and 2nd party games that there might be coming out next year.

Yeah, we may get some other annoucnements early on in the year, kind've like how Siren popped up out of no where this year.

I'd give up half those games for Trico, though. :'(

I also left off Twisted Metal from the list, because I figure the chances of it making it out next year are really slim. Unless it ends up being an online title like Warhawk or Socom.

I'd give up ALL those games for GT5 wit everythign I asaid above.