By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (10/30)

77k for GTA IV PS3, 30k for LBP sans PS3 80 GB bundles. With bundles that could be around 40k onto a 70-80k first week.

Definitely ahead of 360 and Wii this week. w00t.

Around the Network

Still missing the 80 GB bundles, that should make more sales.

Max King of the Wild said:
Madanial said:
I don't understand ,from many news it seems like LBP going to sell a lot.Is anyone can explain why it sales only around 25k-30k?

because its one day and its japan...

Barozi - which is phenominal for the ps3! the 360 usually has much better attach ration (btw did you divide user base by sales for that?)

Ex: SC4 - 5.6% 360 to 3.2% Ps3... and that game isnt was western orientied as gta4.

K & L 360 - .4% Ps3 - .3%

I didn't want to make the PS3 look bad with this. Of course more Japanese bought a PS3 (Japanese console/strong brand name/former undeniable king of JRPGs) than a 360 (American console/known for shooter, western games in general).

That's why the 360s attach rate is almost every time higher, when you compare western games in Japan.

I just wanted to compare them with the strong first week attach rate in Europe and America:

USA                      Others

Xbox360       20,4%                    15,9%

PS3               25,9%                    21,6%

Too bad, i though that LBP will exceed everyones expectations, even mines, but nope :(

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

DMeisterJ said:
77k for GTA IV PS3, 30k for LBP sans PS3 80 GB bundles. With bundles that could be around 40k onto a 70-80k first week.

Definitely ahead of 360 and Wii this week. w00t.

How do these numbers prove PS3 will be above Wii?

Around the Network

LBP bombed in Japan just as I expected.

GTA IV doing great on both platforms although far better on PS3.
Great games deserve great sales.

Money spent on gaming in 2009: €130,00

Da Teacha KRS said:

huh? 30K not including hw bundles is a bomb for LBP but 27k for GTA4 is great? am I missing something? Only thing I can think of is your trolling

Da Teacha KRS said:

huh? 30K not including hw bundles is a bomb for LBP but 27k for GTA4 is great? am I missing something? Only thing I can think of is your trolling

It might be the install base is less than half of the PS3? The attach rate is fairly similar and in favour of the 360.

mibuokami said:
Da Teacha KRS said:

It might be the install base is less than half of the PS3? The attach rate is fairly similar and in favour of the 360.

But LBP sold more than that and GTA is a HUGE franchise (yes even in japan 400k+)

LBP, with 29k, and maybe 50-60k first week - No messiah at all. I wont forget what people thuoght.