By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (10/30)

GTA outsells LBP in japan...i want to cry.



Around the Network
Bagaren85 said:
LBP, with 29k, and maybe 50-60k first week - No messiah at all. I wont forget what people thuoght.

 

 I'm thinking it will do 25k first day sale and 50-60 k for the first week

50k - 80k first day and 100k- 150k for the week

30k

19,000

15-20k first day and about 45-50k first week.

10k to 150k. give or take 10k. Bet on it.

75k first day, First week 120k.

20k

50k first day, 125 first week

15K

25K

30-40K First day, 60-80K first week

60,000 first day, 100,000 for the week

5k first day 10k first week

20K sounds about right, I can see 1M lime time sales worldwide for the game, nothing big

I think is around 30K

 

looks like a lot of people unerestimated the game....

so tell me... what were you looking at?



Max King of the Wild said:

But LBP sold more than that and GTA is a HUGE franchise (yes even in japan 400k+)

 

It is very heavily marketed and has received much positive media attention, it did not 'bomb' but the numbers are lower than expected.

It will be interesting to know how many LBP PS3 bundle actually sold.

Have not fear though, this is one of the few game that can draw in crowd well past launch. GTA is like a fizzy soft drink, fantastic taste but once it opens it quickly goes flat. LBP is like the fine heady burgandy, the taste only get better with age.




mibuokami said:
Max King of the Wild said:

But LBP sold more than that and GTA is a HUGE franchise (yes even in japan 400k+)

 

It is very heavily marketed and has received much positive media attention, it did not 'bomb' but the numbers are lower than expected.

It will be interesting to know how many LBP PS3 bundle actually sold.

Have not fear though, this is one of the few game that can draw in crowd well past launch. GTA is like a fizzy soft drink, fantastic taste but once it opens it quickly goes flat. LBP is like the fine heady burgandy, the taste only get better with age.

actually going through the prediction thread it is practically what was expected see above post.

 



Max King of the Wild said:
Da Teacha KRS said:
LBP bombed in Japan just as I expected.

GTA IV doing great on both platforms although far better on PS3.
Great games deserve great sales.

 

 huh? 30K not including hw bundles is a bomb for LBP but 27k for GTA4 is great? am I missing something? Only thing I can think of is your trolling

 

 Combined GTA sold well over 100.000 units compared to 30k (including Hardware bundles), I would say LBP bombed.

This not a 360/PS3 comparison, its a GTA/LBP comparison.



 

Money spent on gaming in 2009: €130,00

Around the Network

 

 

 



 

Money spent on gaming in 2009: €130,00

Da Teacha KRS said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Da Teacha KRS said:
LBP bombed in Japan just as I expected.

GTA IV doing great on both platforms although far better on PS3.
Great games deserve great sales.

 

 huh? 30K not including hw bundles is a bomb for LBP but 27k for GTA4 is great? am I missing something? Only thing I can think of is your trolling

 

 Combined GTA sold well over 100.000 units compared to 30k (including Hardware bundles), I would say LBP bombed.

This not a 360/PS3 comparison, its a GTA/LBP comparison.

including DUALSSHOCK3 bundles. Ps3 bundles are not in this data

 

LittleBigPlanet (Normale Version): 21.530 St. -

LittleBigPlanet Dual Shock 3 Bundle Clear Black: 2.817 St. -

LittleBigPlanet Dual Shock 3 Bundle Satin Silver: 2.465 St. -

LittleBigPlanet Dual Shock 3 Bundle Ceramic White: 2.217 St.

I don't see "LBP 80gig PS Bundle" anywhere in there



wow i did not expect LBP to do so poorly in Japan (with the effort they have put, and advertisments), especially some people claimed on this forum that the Japanese will love it, it seems like PS3 games (and consoles)simply do not sell in Japan. LBP will be an overall commercial success without a doubt, but people that claimed it will be some sort of Mario Killer that will steal Casuals from Nintendo have failed.



'Little Big Planet' doing better than I expected - I predicted 40k for the first week and it seems like it will do that in its first day. Not bad for a game that has close to no appeal for a Japanese gamer.

104k first day for 'GTA 4'. Very good, but it will underperform the previous iteration, 'GTA: San Andreas', which has sold around 220k in its first week.

And ouch at 'Harvest Moon' (Wii). 7k is certainly not good : the DS versions generally sell around 30k on the first day at worst.



Max King of the Wild said:
mibuokami said:
Max King of the Wild said:

But LBP sold more than that and GTA is a HUGE franchise (yes even in japan 400k+)

 

It is very heavily marketed and has received much positive media attention, it did not 'bomb' but the numbers are lower than expected.

It will be interesting to know how many LBP PS3 bundle actually sold.

Have not fear though, this is one of the few game that can draw in crowd well past launch. GTA is like a fizzy soft drink, fantastic taste but once it opens it quickly goes flat. LBP is like the fine heady burgandy, the taste only get better with age.

actually going through the prediction thread it is practically what was expected see above post.

 

 

Most were off by 5-10k at the low end, small number I know it but I felt pretty bummed by the sale figures.