By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (10/30)

mibuokami said:
Max King of the Wild said:
mibuokami said:

But LBP sold more than that and GTA is a HUGE franchise (yes even in japan 400k+)

It is very heavily marketed and has received much positive media attention, it did not 'bomb' but the numbers are lower than expected.

It will be interesting to know how many LBP PS3 bundle actually sold.

Have not fear though, this is one of the few game that can draw in crowd well past launch. GTA is like a fizzy soft drink, fantastic taste but once it opens it quickly goes flat. LBP is like the fine heady burgandy, the taste only get better with age.

actually going through the prediction thread it is practically what was expected see above post.

Most were off by 5-10k at the low end, small number I know it but I felt pretty bummed by the sale figures.

there are def. people off by more than that but still... these people are making it seem like EVERYONE was saying something outrageous like 150k day one... but in reality people hardly went up to the 100k mark.

Around the Network

Good sales for GTAIV ...it will do some 110K in PS3 and 40K on the 360 for a total of 150K first week.

LBP some 30K + the 80GB bundles it may have sold 35-38K first day and can do some 60K first week.It may have legs ,though.According expectations but not a console seller as we could hope (it was really though to say if it was going to bomb or be a hit ,but in case of being a hit it could have been a console seller.Lets see now if with the word of mouth this improves).

SOCOM did a decent debut ,too ,specially considering its a online multiplayer FPS with US marines as main characters.It may do over 10K for the week.

This will be the best PS3 software week in a long time ,approaching 200K if not surpassing it.We will see the hardware .If Wii continues to slump it may have a shot at surpassing or at least reaching its sales .

There were also Gran Turismo Prologue Mark III bundles ,if I remember correctly .

there are def. people off by more than that but still... these people are making it seem like EVERYONE was saying something outrageous like 150k day one... but in reality people hardly went up to the 100k mark.

Its cool man :) I have no doubt that this game will be a commercial success anyways, too bad my copy won't be in my hand until the 7th...

ya know the thing that irritates me most on this site....when we have sell through of shipments...and LBP is sitting at 41% apparently according to the op and people say it bombed. 41% first day sell through.

Around the Network

Considering how Sony have promoted LBP, the critical acclaim that it has received and the bundles made available, sales of the game are poor in Japan. I really thought that this game would do much better in Japan.

Still, US and Others sales should hopefully have it selling 750K+ first week of proper launch. Factoring in the 160K odd that were snapped up on the stalled launch would mean first week sales should have been 900K, which would be great for a new IP.

I'm sure Sony will have some positive spin out of this week with PS3 almost definitely outselling Wii, and 360 for sure. Looks like it will be a 1 week spike in terms of beating the Wii though. It will be interesting to see how PS3 sales compare with the 360 in a couple of weeks.

Are people really bummed about a possible 60-80k first week for LBP? I didn't expect it to that good, or catch on right away. Any Japan sales are like a bonus to me. Sucks that GTA4 sold more, but what are you gonna do.

steverhcp02 said:
ya know the thing that irritates me most on this site....when we have sell through of shipments...and LBP is sitting at 41% apparently according to the op and people say it bombed. 41% first day sell through.

So... Sony only shipped about 50k... Makes you wonder why people are hopping on the gloom and doom train so fast when looking at the data the numbers are fantastic.

Gta4 did good, LBP did ok, predicted LBP first week 120k guess i was far of.

Also GTA IV is an established franchise, and next week will most likely fall off the charts.

LBP may not.