By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (10/30)

Nothing to see here :)

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

This doesn`t make sense..
after so many positive responses on amazon.co.jp
well, probably because of NEW IP.
But, it`s possible, that game will have GREAT legs, time will show. =)

i wonder, what will be PS3 HW sales. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Several people seemed to agree with this thread. (Early September)

But by the time this thread came out (this week) only CrazyMan was going much bigger than these numbers.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

I don't understand the reaction to first day sales sometimes. To me if a game can sales over the long haul it's better then receiving the bulk of it's sales first week. Shows signs of saleing to more then just your install base. I really think with a game like LBP thats how it needs to be viewed cause thats what Sony NEEDS, and wants.

...On another note, I understand that it represents all that is EVIL about the Wii, lol, but the way people were down on Wii Music saleing 50k first day is surprise considering it a new IP experience just like LBP.

Shows single-mindedness IMO.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Wii music is a Nintendo first party game by Miyamoto and has the infamous 'Wii something something' in its title, all its predecessor's have been successful, its number is the lowest first day and first week sale of the family.

Around the Network

Good for the PS3, but certainly not great. According to Sinobi, outside of the bundles, hardware did not see significant changes on the week.

Sounds like the PS3 will jump to ~20k in hardware for the week. Good, but the bigger question is how quickly it slumps.

GTAIV did ok, overall. Mediocre X360 numbers, and semi-good PS3 numbers. Still below GTA:SA.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I predicted 30k first day for LBP, and i was right! Still disappointing though

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

There are some niche games for PSP that sold more than Little Big Planet.

And yet, even in Japan, LBP got more marketing money than anything for the PSP. Talk about getting your priorities right.

@ mrstickball: if it didn't see significant changes, then why are they predicting it at 20k? :-/ (although I think the PS3 should've scored higher with this release tbh)