By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (10/30)

Max King of the Wild said:
Reject said:
WOW at the GTA IV sales but LBP sales were expected, this is from a niche genre and cannot see it selling more than 2M WW LTD.

2mil is niche?

I said the genra was niche, this is a stand out game should is expected to do better then other games from the same Genre. 2MM worldwide TLD is me being optimistic, I cannot see it selling more than 1.5M LTD to be perfectly honest.

Around the Network
mibuokami said:
@ Darth, I said 10k - 15k PS3 unit sale in another thread... but considering GTA4...

The sale of the GTA4 is actually interesting, when was the last time a game on the PS3 debuted to over 100k first week? (77k first day should mean 100k+ first week).

Looking at the sale pattern from that week for PS3 should give us a better idea of PS3 units being moved.

Metal Gear Solid 4 debut 500k+ last ps3 game to do over 100k

ok by these number, LBP 7K bundle, i predict this week hardware number
will be PS3 > 360 but not that much

i think ps3 number will be 7K + 5K = 12K, this is less less than some people predicted > wii or > 50K

Reject said:
Reject said:
WOW at the GTA IV sales but LBP sales were expected, this is from a niche genre and cannot see it selling more than 2M WW LTD.

2mil is niche?

I said the genra was niche, this is a stand out game should is expected to do better then other games from the same Genre. 2MM worldwide TLD is me being optimistic, I cannot see it selling more than 1.5M LTD to be perfectly honest.

No matter how you slice it, anything over 1 million is not niche, and what genre would you be talking about that's niche anyways?

Hopefully LBP will have legs, it deserves it, but I said this before and I'll say it again, Western games DO NOT sell well in Japan, no matter how good they are.

dejelek said:

i think ps3 number will be 7K + 5K = 12K, this is less less than some people predicted > wii or > 50K

You are predicting hardware sales from Dual shocks being sold? Man you must know some weird formula... like 1 in every 2 users who buy a new ps3 buy a new controller too... or something like that... because other than that I see no connection.

Around the Network
dejelek said:

Even if 7k was HW bundles (it's not), your math is fucked up because you'd be counting 1 day sales for the whole week.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Reject said:
Reject said:

2mil is niche?

No matter how you slice it, anything over 1 million is not niche, and what genre would you be talking about that's niche anyways?

Hopefully LBP will have legs, it deserves it, but I said this before and I'll say it again, Western games DO NOT sell well in Japan, no matter how good they are.

He said LBP will be a failure if it only sell 1.5mil just ignore him. (he also said wkc looks like trash)

50K prediction or beating Wii thanks to a LBP bundle is absolutely ridiculous thinking. When WKC releases then the PS3 will easily achieve those numbers but it is most certainly not going to happen with LBP bundles.

Those kinds of spikes come with big games aka WKC, FFXIII, Versus and GT5 but not something such as LBP.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Reject said:
Reject said:

2mil is niche?

"Niche" was a bad word to use but the numbers people were prediction for this game such as 3M LTD is just too high, the game does not appeal to enough people to get those kinds of numbers.

Capcom on Gta?
Otherwise,pretty low on LBP.

Take my love, take my land..