By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (10/30)

@darth, its a seperate release as well, 40g sku are no longer being produced by factory.

Also if those sale were the PS3 Bundle (they are not) then you should be very happy. 7k unit sold in 1 day for bundle only? Thats fantastic considering the PS3 sold only just over 7k last week.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
I'm very disappointed in LBP & if they are bundle sales PS3 sales..only 7K

BTW was the 80GB seperately released as well or just in a bundle with LBP?

The 7k is def DS3 bundle the break down is even in the other thread.

@mibuokami

right so Ps3 sales can be good this week..

same with LBP if they had a good amount of HW bundles

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@mibuokami

right so Ps3 sales can be good this week..

same with LBP if they had a good amount of HW bundles

Lol what if the ps3 bundle got sold out so people bought the core 80gig one with the ds3 bundles... thats the only scenerio i see lbp selling more than 35k total first day sales (wich would be 70k first week)

But hey... GTA should open with more than 100k.

WOW at the GTA IV sales but LBP sales were expected, this is from a niche genre and cannot see it selling more than 2M WW LTD.

Around the Network
Reject said:
WOW at the GTA IV sales but LBP sales were expected, this is from a niche genre and cannot see it selling more than 2M WW LTD.

2mil is niche?

@ Darth, I said 10k - 15k PS3 unit sale in another thread... but considering GTA4...

The sale of the GTA4 is actually interesting, when was the last time a game on the PS3 debuted to over 100k first week? (77k first day should mean 100k+ first week).

Looking at the sale pattern from that week for PS3 should give us a better idea of PS3 units being moved.

Ok....LBP was pretty underwhelming...People were making it as "the PS3 booster" but i don't see this here.

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

They are only dual shock bundles? Well that blows, I thought they were doing 80GB/LBP bundles. Well hell, I don't know what to guess for weekly sales then. I figured that a 80GB/LBP would put the PS3 ahead of the 360 for the next three weeks until the TLR bundle was released but if there are no LBP system bundles, then I don't think the 80GB will be all that big.

@ Darc Req

80gig bundle were released this week too (i think) they are just not in the data provided...