By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New ELDER SCROLLS in 2010!!!!

@adjohnston. Oblivions only real failures were in story and atmosphere. It had a weak and clichéd story and the world was entirely unconvincing.
Still I think it was a good game - just not a brilliant game.

Around the Network

very nice, i thought elder scrolls 4:oblivion. was the best open-ended action/rpg that i have ever played, put over 150hrs into that game. would buy the next elder scrolls on day 1 for sure. also i want their elder scrolls mmo too.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

dont scale levels and Ill be all over it, Oblivion was still great.

I'm ecstatic about a new Elder Scrolls but I think they need to do what Two Worlds was trying to do and make an Oblivion with real co-op. I'm talking about the type of co-op that Saints Row 2 and Crackdown have, where you don't have to always be right beside your partner.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
I'm ecstatic about a new Elder Scrolls but I think they need to do what Two Worlds was trying to do and make an Oblivion with real co-op. I'm talking about the type of co-op that Saints Row 2 and Crackdown have, where you don't have to always be right beside your partner.

That would rock something fierce.

Around the Network

It had better support mods... mods make the PC version of the game much better.

Well I guess I can murder every main character again in oblivion while waiting...

Former something....

Lafiel said:
I won't make the mistake to get pumped for an Elder Scrolls game again... that franchise just doesn't fit my taste.

I won't make that mistake either. However I do enjoy the franchise and the world of Tamriel.

Oblivion felt more like a Gfx-card benchmark software than a complete game (I expected more content). I'm still hoping for something better. A Daggerfall Remake or "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" would be great!  :D

@rath.

Good point man. It was cliched story but I guess I'm just a whore fir save the world. The main quest was a little weak, but there was so much else to do I feel that it was overshadowed. I like that the world wasn't believeable. It's fantasy.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Translation:

We need some time to steal good ideas and art direction from Fable II.

Oblivion + Fable = Perfect RPG.

Fable's world influencing with Oblivion's basic RPG elements.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective