By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New ELDER SCROLLS in 2010!!!!

jcp234 said:
Notes:

-More fluid combat system
-More visually aesthetic magic effects
-Bigger story
-Bring back levitation spell
-Add more interesting races

The races were fine.

Another thing they need to change IMO is the experience system. Sure, get some experience from levelling your major skills, but PLEASE, some for combat and quests.

If you do want to recommend something, go over to the Bethesda forums. They've had some 20 official 'what do you want in TES V' threads. I've posted in those at least 10 times.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Here's hoping they give this one some serious dialog trees and fix the gimped leveling system.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

darthdevidem01 said:
@word of wisdom

well I'm all up for that

stealing idea's then refining them would only make the next elder Scrolls better for consumers & the industry too.

Worse thing I've ever heard. And where does creativity actually come into play?

I'm aware that in the world of music this as always happened, but video games shouldn't be like that.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Oblivion is one of the most painful experiences i ever had! complicated, boring and ugly! i bought it based on reviews and boy what did they play! there was this thing where u like smile at people or become sad, i was like what the hell is this. and then i hated the battle system which was so frustrating. going back to the menu to pick potions or weapong about 5 times every min was annoying as hell. there were animal people, WTF! and what a piece of trash. end of subject. it can come out never, i dont give a damn!

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!

Words Of Wisdom said:
Translation:

We need some time to steal good ideas and art direction from Fable II.

no offense

but Fable 2 isnt as good as Oblivion

Oblivion is scoring in the mid-nineties on Meta

Fable2 is scoring at 90% with 8ish reviews from major websites --IGN,Gamespot etc

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Here's hoping they give this one some serious dialog trees and fix the gimped leveling system.

Actually, the way characters level up by using thier skills is part of the series.  I don't see it going away any time soon.  After all, does it not make sense.  How do you become a better runner?  Do you go and beat up some guys on the street, gain "exerience", "level up", and spend some bonus points on speed?  No, you go out and run to become a better runner.

As to those people who thought that it took too long to level up athletics in any Elder Scrolls, you need to put athletics as a major skill.  If you don't want to spend a slot for the skill, tough cookies.  That is the point of the whole system, pick out a couple of slots that you excell in, not excell everything.

As for the serious dialogue tree, that is the fault of voice acting.  Elder Scrolls 3 had way more dialogue than Elder Scrolls 4, because 4 was spoken.  IMO, ES4 had better dialogue sometimes than 3.  Think about quests in 3; Most of them was "go kill them, go get that".  What was one of the first quests for the fighters guild in ES4? It was a spoof off of the first one in ES3, save the rats instead of kill them.  I thought that was hilarious when I heard "yes, there are rats in my basement, and something is killing them! It's horrible!"

Don't get the impression I like ES4.  I hate it.  I hate it for luring me into playing it with the false pretext of being fun, and then dissapointing me every time.  I have played the game for at least a total of 30 hours with about 5 characters.  I keep starting the game thinking it will be fun, and then end up discarding it.

lwhatee said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Translation:

We need some time to steal good ideas and art direction from Fable II.

no offense

but Fable 2 isnt as good as Oblivion

Oblivion is scoring in the mid-nineties on Meta

Fable2 is scoring at 90% with 8ish reviews from major websites --IGN,Gamespot etc

I have never played Fable 2.  However, I have the feeling that the reviewers were too busy analyzing the individual aspects of Oblivion instead of asking themselves "is this fun as a whole".  It is not.  As you can tell, I really hate this game.

Oblivion is a much better game than Fable 2

Oblivion is around 40 hours.
Fable 2 is just 8 hours

lwhatee said:
Oblivion is a much better game than Fable 2

Oblivion is just 3 hours + 100 hours of doing stuff for no reason.
Fable 2 is around 8 hours

There, fixed.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I feel they can do a lot better with the next Elder Scrolls than Oblivion. That game has so many flaws not even mods can fully fix it.

The BuShA owns all!