By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New ELDER SCROLLS in 2010!!!!

Bethesda hint at future RPG plans

With Fallout 3 set to arrive in Europe tomorrow, developer Bethesda are perhaps just starting to turn their attentions to the next project they will craft - with one exec suggesting a new Elder Scrolls game might arrive in 2010.

"At the moment we’ve got Fallout 3 for this year and potentially there’s a new Elder Scrolls title in 2010," revealed Bethesda publishing executive Paul Oughton, speaking to GI.biz.

"At the moment we’re not that interested in the Wii. We’re going to stick to PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. We’ll continue to pursue three or four titles a year and go for big titles," he added on the firm's strategy.

Oblivion is of course still regarded by some as the quintessential next-gen console RPG, so this is very big news in some quarters.

Quote:

Source::

http://play.tm/news/22044/new-elder-scrolls-for-2010/

______

If they make 2010 I am SOO HAPPY!

FF13 & a NEW Elder Scrolls in ONE YEAR!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Translation:

We need some time to steal good ideas and art direction from Fable II.

@word of wisdom

well I'm all up for that

stealing idea's then refining them would only make the next elder Scrolls better for consumers & the industry too.

i am yet to beat oblivion, i have it installed on my PC since 2006 lol, i would still get the sequel

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

WOW....does no-one care about a new elder Scrolls

Around the Network

why are they not that interested in wii? wii is getting JRPGs, action RPGS, stratergy RPGs and even simulation RPGs but so far no WRPGs

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Well, I hope it does not release until 2011...I could conceivably have finished Oblivion by then.

I won't make the mistake to get pumped for an Elder Scrolls game again... that franchise just doesn't fit my taste.

sweet! I should be finished with fable 2 by then.

After Oblivion and now Fallout 3. This will be easily the next AAA game from Bethesda