By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP Week 1 Sales (NA) -- 164K -- Good or Bad??

350-600k next week imo

mM
Around the Network

At least we know it's gonna be profitable.

CGI-Quality said:
The game has not been out for a week and people AS USUAL already start hatin'... lol. @ Soriku, they must have just changed the date within the last day or two, gamestop had it listed as shipping on the 28th - on Sunday, oh well, the game will still sell well and @ StanGable - it sounds to me like you wanted this game to flop, WHICH IT WON'T. Oh and yes LBP IS STILL HUGE - out.

Today is the 28th. Tuesday.  :P

But most GameStop's recieved copies on Saturdy for those who pre-ordered the game.  Not all, however, and those who did didn't have any they could sell to other customers.

And because of the confusion over release dates, not everyone who pre-ordered came to pick up their copy.

leo-j said:
Its october 28 today, these sales do not include anything beyond saturday, so these are what gamestop sales alone?

Gamestop, EB games, Walmart, and Toy's'rus. Others might have aswell. I'm not 100% sure about Toy's'rus.

makingmusic476 said:
StanGable said:
I coulda sworn people said this game would be a big system seller and would sell more than a million in America alone first week!!!!!

LOL at Sony tools!

Yet more flaming.  You've been warned for this before.

Yethe is telling the truth though !

Around the Network

this is data for the 25th, the real data will be for the 1st. The game wasn't "officially" released until the 28th.

Exactly what I was expecting. Not fail, but not Halo3/SSBB/GTA/etc.

As I said a ton on these forums LBP is not going to sell more than 3 million. It just isn't a mass market game like that.

EDIT:I forgot to mention that I know these are not the full release sales like next week will show. But, I would not expect more than 300k next week.

Guys please just wait until next week before making conclusions either way.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

i guess the leaked sales are an indication of how it might sell.

no more than 200k in my opinion. which i guess isn't that bad.

StanGable said:
I coulda sworn people said this game would be a big system seller and would sell more than a million in America alone first week!!!!!

LOL at Sony tools!

Especially since this is just the sales of stores breaking release date.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.