By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP Week 1 Sales (NA) -- 164K -- Good or Bad??

I cannot believe some of you guys. The game has yet to have a stable release date where it will finally be available at all retailers. SO you cant judge 1st day or even 1st week sales accurately. If the game had of stuck to it's initial date it would be at 1mil already, end of story. Now that consumers are confused about where to go to find one now it will take some time.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

@leo-j

well technically it says TOMORROW on my importing site (thats 29th,,,,,basically today for me cus Its very late past 12 here)

damn....I should be sleeping now!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

psrock it was all a publicity stunt and one which worked very well, you cant buy coverage on BBC and CNN. People who were going to buy it are still going to buy it but this controversy simply puts LBP in the limelight.

It sold about the same as Wii Music in Japan...

psrock said:
This whole LBP thing is all messed up. Why did Sony RECALL this game when all it needed was a patch. Everyone is confused now. I hope this doesnt mess up some potential sales for the game.

I was wondering if Sony lost money with the recall. After all the old discs are useless now.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

well technically it says TOMORROW on my importing site (thats 29th,,,,,basically today for me cus Its very late past 12 here)

damn....I should be sleeping now!

The "official" street date was changed to the 28th.  Of coruse, GameStop's street date is the 29th - a day late, like usual.

Im amazed nobody made a thread about how well wii music did in its FULL WEEK of sales.. *no offense darth* but decide to bash LBP in this thread for its leaked 1 day sales.

mM

Honestly, this is far better than I was expecting being that Ratchet and Clank only sold 77,000 in its first week of sales in North America.

I'd wait for second week numbers just in case.

@makingmusic

its movietyme.com actually

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey