By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP Week 1 Sales (NA) -- 164K -- Good or Bad??

What's with this...Next week will be higher crap? I'm sorry, but last time i checked, most (if not all) Triple A marketed title have HUGE first weeks and then your legs kick in...I've NEVER EVER heard of a lukewarm first week and then a MONSTER second week...can somebody provide me an example in ANY entertainment industry...be it Film, Music, or Gaming? 165K first day in the US is good, and it's looking at 500K for week one, but I doubt we will see an increase for next week in NA. Endwar is coming out as well, and so is Gears 2, which will mostly be the priority for dual console owners.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Honestly, this is far better than I was expecting being that Ratchet and Clank only sold 77,000 in its first week of sales in North America.

How can you even compare the two.....

@Heruamon

for gods sake READ THE OP!

I gave everyone reasonable reasons to weigh up their arguments look at evidences & then post!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Fernando said:
It sold about the same as Wii Music in Japan...

Eeehhh, no, it sold 60K more with much less availability

i think it did pretty good for one day of Gamestop sales.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

Well the one thing I do think is that this is no KH game ala not head strong, this one should have very good legs. 1.5M LTD worldwide sounds about right for this game, will probably make Sony back all the advertising money.

If the release dates have gone shoddy then next week should match this week.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@superchunk

Are you and the other people in this thread blind?

No offense, but thats what it looks like

blind? What are you referring to?

makingmusic476 said:
leo-j said:
@superchunk

Are you and the other people in this thread blind?

No offense, but thats what it looks like

I swear, it's like nobody knows the game was recalled.  This had to have been the most supply constrained launch of a game...ever

You can't cure stupid, i guess. It's half baked launch, what do people expect.

CGI-Quality said:
uuummm only PREORDER copies have been selling. The game's actual release date is October 29 which is tomorrow. That 164k is mainly preorder customers, so some people in this thread are EXTREMELY misinformed.

actually, those aren't even preorders. Those are the leaked copies.

heruamon said:
What's with this...Next week will be higher crap? I'm sorry, but last time i checked, most (if not all) Triple A marketed title have HUGE first weeks and then your legs kick in...I've NEVER EVER heard of a lukewarm first week and then a MONSTER second week...can somebody provide me an example in ANY entertainment industry...be it Film, Music, or Gaming? 165K first day in the US is good, and it's looking at 500K for week one, but I doubt we will see an increase for next week in NA. Endwar is coming out as well, and so is Gears 2, which will mostly be the priority for dual console owners.

wow!

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
heruamon said:

THE GAME WASN'T ON SALE THIS WEEK.   IT WAS RECALLED.  IT ONLY WENT ON SALE THIS PAST SATURDAY, ONLY AT SOME GAMESTOPS, AND ONLY FOR THE FEW WHO PRE-ORDERED THE GAME. 

Get this through your heads.  >_<